LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to get a 95 fleetwood & i am going to get 18" cylinders(rear of course), so i need to change my upper arm but some people extend the upper arm and others do a 4-link setup. What is the difference??? Which is better?? :uh:

·
Hot Head President
5,431 Posts
I see it as it depends on how much you extend the uppers, you can make it look good extendin' them long and moving the mounts too in order to get as much of the cylinder to open. With a 4-link setup is the same idea, just that depending once again on where you mount the arms at you can get up to unlimited travel...it just depends on how much work you want to do basically.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Which one is stronger though cause i'm gonna wanna be hoppin alot and 3-wheelin. More reliable. ;)

·
Hot Head President
5,431 Posts
im talkin bout the upper trailing arms...they would both be strong, as long as you know how to weld.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought you could either extend a-arm or do a 4-link. I thought it was the same but now i know it's not. So what is 4-link????U do it in the rear. What do you do???I don't know how to weld. I'm going to find somebody that can do it for me. :0 :0

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Originally posted by DOWNER_42069@Oct 3 2003, 03:17 AM
I am going to get a 95 fleetwood & i am going to get 18" cylinders(rear of course), so i need to change my upper arm but some people extend the upper arm and others do a 4-link setup. What is the difference??? Which is better??                                         :uh:
Sounds like this may be your first juiced car... I would reccomend you dont try to get in too deep at first. If you plan on hopping the car, there are many more things that need your attention besides a big lock up in the rear. Besides, a big body with 12'' cylinders in the rear can do roughly a 40 inch hop before it hits back bumper, and thats mighty damn high for a car that size to be able to hit reliably.

I would reccomend you spend your money in other important areas. Get good qualityequipment and batteries, and be sure to get lots of frame reinforcement done... extended uppers, reinforced lowers, reinforced crossmember and a-arm mounts, and get a good 3 sided wrap on that frame nose to tail, especially in front of the rear wheel humps, since thats a notorious weak spot on those cars.

Only thing I would reccomend you do with the rear suspension is put at least a minor reinforcement on the axle housing, and get your upper and lower trailing arms boxed and reinforced. You could even use ProHopper adjustables.

It will take a fair amount of time and/or money to get that done, and I would strongly suggest you touch on all those bases before you try to get radical with the car.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Originally posted by DOWNER_42069@Oct 3 2003, 10:39 PM
So all 4-linkin is putting chains??? Isn't putting chains chainbridge?? :uh: :(
No, chains are chainbridges. 4 Link is "4 bars connecting to the rear end" for more travel allowance to accomodate larger cylinder sizes.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OH :0 my bad. THNX i'm just starting into this lowridin scene. I'm gonna get my ride though like in 4 months and as soon as i have it i'm juicin it up. I'm 16. :biggrin: :cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts