LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is a Lifetsyle to me and it kinda bugs me when people call it a sport.

The sport only comes in when you are showing your car or hoping your car.

I beleave that when you call it a sport you are leaving out alot of the great things that lowriders do. BBQ, Cruzin, hanging with freinds, b-day parties, weddings, everything that you do normally but in your lowrider.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
its my life

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
ITS MY LIFE!!!
MY BROTHERZ AND SISTERZ FROM MY FAMILY (CAR CLUB) ARE THE BEST PEOPLE I HAVE EVER COME IN CONTACT WITH. I LIVE FOR MY FAMILY. ITS JUST NOT A WEEKEND THING WITH US. ITS BOTH FEET IN AT ALL TIMES! ITS HARD TO EXPLAIN THE FEELING OF OUR BROTHERHOOD. ITS TIGHT AND SOLID. WE BACK EACH OTHER UP TILL THE END NO QUESTIONS ASKED. THEY ARE THERE THROUGH THE GOOD TIMES AND THE BAD TIMES. SOMETIMES IF NOT ALWAYS, THE FAMILY IS THERE MORE FOR YOU THEN YOUR OWN BLOOD FAMILY. ITS ALL ABOUT RESPECT AND BEING THERE FOR EACH OTHER! MUCH LOVE TO MY ROLLERZ FAMILY. AND RESPECT TO ALL THE TRU RYDERZ WHO PUT IT DOWN FOR THEIR FAMILYS (CAR CLUBS) :puffin:

·
ESe Smiley X3
1,693 Posts
IT'S A LIFESTYLE NOT A SPORT!!!! FOR MY BROTHERS AND MYSELF..... ;)

·
Registered
542 Posts
Lowriding used to me my lifestyle but now I would have to say that its just a hobby for me. I used to build lowriders for a living but it wont much of a living cause i was always broke. But now Im a commercial artist/graphic designer by trade and married, and working on a family, but still have a passion for lowriders. I might not be into it as harcore as I used to be (been out of the game for about 3 years) but it is still in my blood and always will be. I just bought a 94 Fleetwood and my passion for lowriders is slowly coming back to life.

·
Candies, flakes & pearls!
15,502 Posts
I would have to say it's a lifestyle for me. The fact that my day revolves around fellow lowriders, cars and alike makes it just that....a lifestyle.

Will this change in time? Probably. One thing I've noticed is that I'm always broke, and the sacrifice is overwhelming at times. I am not married right now and I am also a single father who pays a good amount of child support. When the time comes that my car is finished and I settle down with family, I'll slow down in the game, and believe me, it's becoming more stressful for me because I lack patience nor do I want it when it comes to my Impala.

I guess there is other things in the world that I am interested in such as arts, traveling, etc. I am not into Lowriding to make money. In all honesty, Lowriding only feeds my ego but I do enjoy it along with helping others fulfill their dream of building a nice car.

Lowriding in my view, is a spiritual outlet for many people, especially minorities. In todays world we are bombarded with all kinds of entertainment and distractions like advertisments to buy something in order to make us feel more "complete". Lowriding has given us a "sence" of identity, accomplishent, self-worth, personal respect, comaroderie, brotherhood along with the feeling of being part of something thats bigger than ones self. Thats the spiritual aspect of it and thats why I Lowride. In times where many of us come from "broken-homes", bad relationships, working to many hours, bad health, disconnectedness with our culture, community or local peers....we need Lowriding to save us.

-Angel

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Originally posted by Crenshaw's Finest@Sep 15 2006, 09:04 PM~6183836
I would have to say it's a lifestyle for me. The fact that my day revolves around fellow lowriders, cars and alike makes it just that....a lifestyle.

Will this change in time? Probably. One thing I've noticed is that I'm always broke, and the sacrifice is overwhelming at times. I am not married right now and I am also a single father who pays a good amount of child support. When the time comes that my car is finished and I settle down with family, I'll slow down in the game, and believe me, it's becoming more stressful for me because I lack patience nor do I want it when it comes to my Impala.

I guess there is other things in the world that I am interested in such as arts, traveling, etc. I am not into Lowriding to make money. In all honesty, Lowriding only feeds my ego but I do enjoy it along with helping others fulfill their dream of building a nice car.

Lowriding in my view, is a spiritual outlet for many people, especially minorities. In todays world we are bombarded with all kinds of entertainment and distractions like advertisments to buy something in order to make us feel more "complete". Lowriding has given us a "sence" of identity, accomplishent, self-worth, personal respect, comaroderie, brotherhood along with the feeling of being part of something thats bigger than ones self. Thats the spiritual aspect of it and thats why I Lowride. In times where many of us come from "broken-homes", bad relationships, working to many hours, bad health, disconnectedness with our culture, community or local peers....we need Lowriding to save us.

-Angel
WELL SAID CRENSHAW :cool:

·
Registered
12,646 Posts
Its my life dont care about anything else but my wife and my house.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Crenshaw's Finest@Sep 15 2006, 08:04 PM~6183836

-Angel
That last paragraph was beatifuly written homie. Thats exactly what I was trying to say, I just dont have those great words.......... Thank you for your wisdom

·
Registered
699 Posts
For me it is a lifestyle too, I can't say it much better than it already has been, but at times it must rotate for me to the back burner with the main fam(kids, Wife) but never far from my mind. You always find alil sumthin laying around to get the job done and roll. And for you single cats let me tell you, personally there aint nuthing to me like cruisin with the lil 1's an sparking that interest in them. my .02 ...

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Originally posted by show-bound@Sep 15 2006, 08:37 PM~6184013
CHROME BILL BEFORE THE PHONE BILL....
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Its a lifestyle, its been a part of my life since back in the early 80's when my tios use to take me cruisin in San JO Story & King, i was only about 7 years old at the time, ive loved it ever since.... :cool:

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
it can either be 2 things..a business or a hobby..yes we all go to car show/ picnics etc.., but someone explain how that is a lifestyle

·
~IT IS WHAT IT IS BITCH~
17,272 Posts
Originally posted by SUNNYD@Sep 17 2006, 11:33 PM~6194740
it can either be 2 things..a business or a hobby..yes we all go to car show/ picnics etc.., but someone explain how that is a lifestyle

MYSELF PERSONALLY... IT'S A LIFESTYLE CUZ MY LIFE REVOLVES AROUND IT... WHEN I GO OUT ON THE WEEKEND.. IT REVOLVES AROUND LOWRIDING... EITHER OUT THERE CRUISING, CHILLIN WITH HOMIES FROM OTHER CLUBS.. AT SHOWS.. PICNICS... EVERYTHING IN MY LIFE IS ATTACHED TO LOWRIDING IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER...

IF IT WAS JUST A HOBBY IT'D ONLY BE A PART TIME THING... I PROBABLY WOULDN'T BE ON HERE 24/7... MY CAR WOULD SIT IN THE GARAGE GATHERING DUST... AND SLOWLY I'D GROW OUT OF IT..

GLAD THAT'S NOT THE CASE.. MY FAMILY HAS BEEN AROUND LOWRIDING SINCE I WAS A BABY GROWING UP IN EAST LOS... MOVING TO PHOENIX AND GROWING UP AROUND MORE FAMILY THAT HAD THEIR OWN CLUB... THEN MAKING FRIENDS AND AQUAINTANCES THAT WERE FROM OTHER CLUBS... HAS HELPED CEMENT MY "LIFE STYLE" AS A LOWRIDER FOR LIFE... HELL EVEN MY GIRLFRIEND HAS BEEN AROUND LOWRIDING ALL HER LIFE.. BEING RAISED BY AN IMPERIALS MEMBER AIN'T NO JOKE... ;)

JUST MY OPINION... :cool:

1 - 20 of 68 Posts