LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to make scrape plates, with either a blue, green, or red spark. What should I use, alot of people say titanium but i dont know what color the sparks would be... Also I need to know the best place to install them on a Cutlass (frame, bumper?).

·
Registered
311 Posts
I've heard Titanium gives a white spark, very brilliant.

I think it's magnesium that gives a red spark, I could be totally wrong though

·
Registered
12,920 Posts
lead wouldn't really make any sparks cuz its so soft it would just tear up more than anything......

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Originally posted by Chris@Oct 26 2003, 11:55 PM
lead wouldn't really make any sparks cuz its so soft it would just tear up more than anything......
Yeah as soon as you dropped your ride and put pressue on them, it would tear them up ;)

·
Registered
321 Posts
titanium will give you bright white sparks. and it will give you longer sparks. not too sure where to install them but one thing for sure is that you need to make a mounting plate so that you can bolt in new pieces when the old ones wear out. i think thats alot better than welding in new pieces each time u want to change the plates. :thumbsup:

ps. check all lines to make sure you have no leaks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sparks and fuel do not mix

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
It depends when you want to throw the sparks. Do you want the sparks when you drop the front or when you drop the rear? If it is the front then I would fab a bracket to the cross member and on the back you could fab something that goes across the frame rails. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
237 Posts
i just have like a 7 inch by 4 inch by 1 inch thick peice of steel welded to the front cm of my lincoln... throws sum serious yellowish sparx,, im toarching it off tho so i can sit 1 inch lower

·
Registered
265 Posts
buy the titanium ones u should be able to pick up a set on e-bay for bout$45-$50 and i heard the longer u drag the differnt colors it changes cuz of the temp DONT use magneisium when it gets real hot it catches on fire and u will not be able to put it outand id mount em right infront off the back tires :cool:

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
fuck it, bolt a piece of steel to your bumper, scrape the shit out of it, after they see you sparkin- they wont care you got a piece of steel hanging off your bumper.

peace ;) ;) :cheesy: :cheesy: :biggrin: :biggrin: :cool:

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
titanium is good for scrapin donw the boulavard!

·
Registered
4 Posts
:biggrin: I plan on goin with titanium on the front cross member, both sides of the frame just before the rear wheels and last but not least the rear bumper area. lighting up the night in my 79 T-Bird!

·
Registered
4 Posts
:biggrin: I plan on goin with titanium on the front cross member, both sides of the frame just before the rear wheels and last but not least the rear bumper area. lighting up the night in my 79 T-Bird! I know it's expensive, but you got to spend a little more for the good stuff.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Copper will give you green sparks, but wont last long!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
yea just dont use magnesium like homeboy above said it has a real low flash point and once it catches fire it burns fast and takes everything with it and no water will put it out

O

·
0 Posts
titanium is the only (safe) way to go.

it cools very fast, so after each scrape it dont stay hot.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts