LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE

1K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Nacho Individuals LA 
#1 ·
What is the difference of wrapping a frame and reinforcing a frame??? ;)

#2 ·
Its the same thing.You have to Wrap it in order for it to be Re-Inforced.

#4 ·
Well yeah.Im not sure about the thickness you are supposed to use on a Caddy frame.What kind of setup are you planning on getting?How many Pumps and Batteries?

Eazy

#6 ·
Well its too bad you are going with such a Large setup with so many pumps and batteries(Well not that bad because you can do more with 4 pumps and 12 Batteries)But anyway,I am gonna go with 2 Pumps and 6 batteries and I really dont have any Re-Inforcing.The only thing I got to do is Extend the A Arms.But you are gonna hop it in comps so you will need all those batteries and pumps and you Will need to Wrap the Frame Fully.You got to take the Whole Body off the Frame and either have a Shop wrap the frame for you or you can do it yourself.As for how thick,you are gonna have to find out from someone in here who has a Caddy because I got a 65 Impala so I really dont that much about Caddy frames.

Eazy

#8 ·
No man,sorry.I live in Chi Town.Alot of the places that install Hydraulics usually can do it for you.The place I am getting my Hydros installed at said they could do it for me if I needed it.Just look on the internet for places in LA.I bet you can find some place to do it.It wouldnt cost so much for them to wrap it if you didnt have to take the body off.Thats what costs so much $$$.If you took the Body off the car yourself and got the frame towed there then it would be alot cheaper.Anyways,call around to some places that weld and see if they can hook you up.Or just call some shops that install Hydros and the might be able to do it for you.What part of LA do you live in?

Eazy

#9 ·
OUR SHOP USES A MIN. OF 1/4''PLATE(EASIER TO BEND ).....BUT ,WITH SOMETHING OF THE CALIBER YOUR DOING,
WE WOULD USE 3'8 ''IN THE REAR AND 1/4'' THE REST OF THE WAY UP
OUR FRAME OFF JOBS (JUST FRAME) START AT $1400.00...
IF YOU GO 3/8'' , AROUND $1600.00
IF YOU BROUGHT THE CAR,FOR A COMPLETE FOR THAT CADI FRAME ,INCLUDING SUSPENSION AND SWAP $3000.00

#10 ·
Originally posted by EazyE10286@Dec 8 2003, 03:45 AM
Its the same thing.You have to Wrap it in order for it to be Re-Inforced.
no, it aint like that.
a frame wrap is plating all 4 sides. (wraping it in steel)
reinforcing a frame can be done in a million ways, like if you just plate the crossmember and rearhumps for example then you have reinforced the frame... ;)

#13 ·
is the frame the same from a 92 caprice to a 93 to96 cadillac fleetwood and if I only have two pumps six batt it hopps like 30 to 35 inches due I still need reinforsment

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.