LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
They can last forever...or only last an hour

it really depends on how you beat on them, if you get the type with the spring poppet or the button on the bladder, over pressure the bladder itself, stuff like that.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
They can pretty much last indefinitely. The main thing of course is to not over-pressurize them. The other thing is to never run them without being pressurized.

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
accumulator = paper weight

they should last forever, unless you need a larger paper weight, and thats when you need a CCE pump, they can hold down papers really good.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Originally posted by ogcaddy@Jan 16 2004, 09:20 PM
accumulator = paper weight

they should last forever, unless you need a larger paper weight, and thats when you need a CCE pump, they can hold down papers really good.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
they look incredibly great when compared to the machining of CCE products also

·
Registered
237 Posts
i got a lil switch happy one night and hopped the rear of my towncar , it was on accums, it got up maybe like 4 inchs but when it came down, i guess the force it put on the accums cracked it.duct tape didnt work this time;)

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have parker 21ci bladder accumulators. They've been able to withstand hopping, 4 pumps, and everything else I throw at them. I recently noticed a few had a slight leak (maybe lost 50 psi over a year) so I replaced the air fittings and now they're back to new again. I had the same accumulators in my old car, and they're still working great, driven every day, going on 5 years now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts