LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cousin got a four showtime hydraulic pumps like two weeks ago LM cumtoms in Dallas did the installation.Them we took it home and hitted some switches then next day we hit the switches but only one tire lifted.We thought it was the batteries so we went to buy a charger and we charged the batteries and then tryed again but the same thing happen. Is like the pumps are not pushing preassure or something but the motors are spining can some body tell us what is the problem. ;)

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
I dont know much about the inside of a pump, but I believe there is a seal between the pump and the block.. maybe it blew out??

·
Registered
544 Posts
it is simple you blew a pump head seal
buy a seal kit and change it yourself
just put it back together the way you took it apart
and dontover or under tighten the pump head to the block

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Did you check the keys and pumphead shafts? It is kinda odd for them all to go out at once but, you never know. It does sound like a backwards check. Did you replumb anything before this happened? Charge the batts real good?

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Originally posted by lowlow90@Sep 14 2003, 04:25 PM
I would do this if a key broke the car would not lift up at all

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by lowlow90@Sep 14 2003, 05:25 PM
So thats why is not building any preassure so is the pump head seals.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Try closing your slowdowns. If it raises then it is your dumps. Check the keys and the pumphead shafts. I really doubt it is the checks cause the motor wouldn't keep spinning unless you tore up the keys or shafts. Try doing that and if that isn't the problem then more than likely it is the seals.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
have you contacted the installer to see if he has any ideas?
He should be aible to assist you. Pump problems can be difficult
things with out them being IN YOUR FACE in a sence.
George SRS

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
That was what I first thought. You need to take that shit back to who ever did your install. How full are your tanks, cause if you had those tanks all the way full when you started hitting your switches, then you might have blown that seal. Once you have filled your hoses, you should only be about 3/4 full to allow for flow back when you dump. I would ask my installer WTF is going on.

·
Registered
544 Posts
the thing you said about it going up just a little and then no more
tells me that it is your head seals
you will still get a little pressure out of a bad seal

and you sound like you understond that if it was a check valve problem you would know
pump head seals are easy to change very easy

·
Registered
237 Posts
i was crusing one day n my left front just kept going down all of a sudden... i was like nooooooooooooo. got out looked for a h blwon hose .. im like wtf.. no leaks newhere.. hit the switch .... down goes the left/!! wtf!!!! i didnt notice it to i krept it home latyer that night my damn indiviusal switch got stuck in the dump position!!!! wtf//////////////////////// just that simple..

1 - 20 of 39 Posts