LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
L

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
check your check valves, see if they are still "springy" with a screwdriver. easy to check the seal as someone mentioned, if everything else is in order, such as the motor spinning and batteries are alive (test them all with a battery tester if they are used), if still nothing check the gear.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,840 Posts
he said it's a "4" pump sytem----no way they could all go out at the same time----even if he only had "2" to the nose the odds of both pumps blowing is low.....peace
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Originally posted by SWITCHCRAFT@Sep 17 2003, 02:33 PM
i am going to say a seized pumphead.........???
Man this sucks my cousin havent taken the car yet why cause the shop is far and he works all week. I can take it but I dont have a ride incase I need to leave it there. So probably friday or saturday dam it what I dont understand is that those pumps are brand new and we allready having problems. :angry: but I will keep in touch ok.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,209 Posts
Originally posted by Big Baller 82cutlass+Sep 17 2003, 11:49 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Big Baller 82cutlass @ Sep 17 2003, 11:49 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--SWITCHCRAFT@Sep 17 2003, 02:33 PM
i am going to say a seized pumphead.........???
Man this sucks my cousin havent taken the car yet why cause the shop is far and he works all week. I can take it but I dont have a ride incase I need to leave it there. So probably friday or saturday dam it what I dont understand is that those pumps are brand new and we allready having problems. :angry: but I will keep in touch ok.[/b][/quote]
good luck homie i hate when my pumps get crazy on me
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Originally posted by $outh$idePlayer+Sep 17 2003, 04:26 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ($outh$idePlayer @ Sep 17 2003, 04:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Big Baller [email protected] 17 2003, 11:49 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--SWITCHCRAFT
@Sep 17 2003, 02:33 PM
i am going to say a seized pumphead.........???

Man this sucks my cousin havent taken the car yet why cause the shop is far and he works all week. I can take it but I dont have a ride incase I need to leave it there. So probably friday or saturday dam it what I dont understand is that those pumps are brand new and we allready having problems. :angry: but I will keep in touch ok.
good luck homie i hate when my pumps get crazy on me[/b][/quote]
Hey thanks homie. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,612 Posts
Originally posted by Big Baller 82cutlass+Sep 17 2003, 04:49 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Big Baller 82cutlass @ Sep 17 2003, 04:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--SWITCHCRAFT@Sep 17 2003, 02:33 PM
i am going to say a seized pumphead.........???
Man this sucks my cousin havent taken the car yet why cause the shop is far and he works all week. I can take it but I dont have a ride incase I need to leave it there. So probably friday or saturday dam it what I dont understand is that those pumps are brand new and we allready having problems. :angry: but I will keep in touch ok.[/b][/quote]
Its an easy fix. The seal between the block and head is bad. Could have gotten a defective seal. Or it was damaged when installed. The pumphead may not have been torqued down properly too. If it was a little loose the pressure could squeeze past the seal. Tighten the pumphead to 20 ft lbs when you put it back on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Ok here it goes I opened one of the pumps then I took off the pump head and the dam o-ring is good. :confused: So now what I m thinking is the pumphead that went bad or some shit oh and by the way the pumphead is a marzzochi and it say gladius or something like that.Sad thing is that three went bad and we havent even played with the care once :angry: this shit sucks. :( can somebody tell why and pumphead goes bad. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,840 Posts
Originally posted by Big Baller 82cutlass@Sep 18 2003, 12:34 PM
Ok here it goes I opened one of the pumps then I took off the pump head and the dam o-ring is good. :confused: So now what I m thinking is the pumphead that went bad or some shit oh and by the way the pumphead is a marzzochi and it say gladius or something like that.Sad thing is that three went bad and we havent even played with the care once :angry: this shit sucks. :( can somebody tell why and pumphead goes bad. ;)
did you guys over lock the car----weird that "three" pumpheads would go out at the same time......... :0
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,612 Posts
Originally posted by S10lifted@Sep 14 2003, 11:33 PM
Try closing your slowdowns. If it raises then it is your dumps. Check the keys and the pumphead shafts. I really doubt it is the checks cause the motor wouldn't keep spinning unless you tore up the keys or shafts. Try doing that and if that isn't the problem then more than likely it is the seals.
This is good advise. Close the slowdowns. Then raise the car. If it works then the small inner orings in the dumps have blown
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I think I know what happen my cousin said that the tanks were fully filled when that happen. :0 What could had happen with this and my cousin still hasnt taken the car to the shop what a fool.Is cause he works in contruction and the only day he has off is sunday and that day the shop is closed dam it. :angry:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
He said that next day after he got the car he checked the oil and he said it was low. So he went to autozone got juice and compleatly filled the tank. I dont know but I dont know what to do I checked the o-ring in one and it was good but is cause my cousin does not now shit about hydraulics.
 
21 - 39 of 39 Posts
Top