LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know out of the subs i am ganna list what is the best for the money....
Brahma
Renosance xxx
matrix
mmatts

if you have any that you think is better for a good price let me know.... BUT I WANT TO KNOW IF I WAS SHOPPING FOR SUBS WICH OF THESE WOULD BE BETTER TO GO WITH

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
I havent had any experiences wit those subs that u listed but the best subs i have ever owned so far are the audiobahn 00 series. I had the audiobahn AW1000Q series 10 inch subwoofer (2 of em) wit a jbl 1200.1 amp. All i can say is that u have to hear it for urself to feel how hard these little shits pounded lol. They go for 90 bucks a woofer and if u want the 12 inch the model number is AW1200Q on ikesound.com and that one goess for 100, hope i helped homie.

Ricky

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
out of that list i would go with the xxx or brahma. They are pretty much the same thing but i would go with the xxx over the brahma. I have never heard of the matrix. And which mmatts sub are u talking about. The juggernaut is nice but mainly for spl. Are u looking more for spl or sq?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by 91lacdeville@Oct 21 2003, 08:57 PM
out of that list i would go with the xxx or brahma. They are pretty much the same thing but i would go with the xxx over the brahma. I have never heard of the matrix. And which mmatts sub are u talking about. The juggernaut is nice but mainly for spl. Are u looking more for spl or sq?
a lil more spl than sq.... but a nice mixture of both would be great....

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
Originally posted by 2low2touch+Oct 21 2003, 06:59 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (2low2touch @ Oct 21 2003, 06:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--91lacdeville@Oct 21 2003, 08:57 PM
out of that list i would go with the xxx or brahma.  They are pretty much the same thing but i would go with the xxx over the brahma.  I have never heard of the matrix.  And which mmatts sub are u talking about.  The juggernaut is nice but mainly for spl.  Are u looking more for spl or sq?
a lil more spl than sq.... but a nice mixture of both would be great....[/b][/quote]
then i suggest the xxx. Who makes the matrix?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Originally posted by 2low2touch@Oct 21 2003, 04:42 PM
I need to know out of the subs i am ganna list what is the best for the money....
Brahma
Renosance xxx
matrix
mmatts

if you have any that you think is better for a good price let me know.... BUT I WANT TO KNOW IF I WAS SHOPPING FOR SUBS WICH OF THESE WOULD BE BETTER TO GO WITH
Out of that list...the XXX.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by 91lacdeville+Oct 21 2003, 09:06 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (91lacdeville @ Oct 21 2003, 09:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 21 2003, 06:59 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--91lacdeville
@Oct 21 2003, 08:57 PM
out of that list i would go with the xxx or brahma.  They are pretty much the same thing but i would go with the xxx over the brahma.  I have never heard of the matrix.  And which mmatts sub are u talking about.  The juggernaut is nice but mainly for spl.  Are u looking more for spl or sq?

a lil more spl than sq.... but a nice mixture of both would be great....
then i suggest the xxx. Who makes the matrix?[/b][/quote]
i have a booklet at my bro's house ill have to get back to you on that one tho....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Another good idea would be catching the infinity reference subs buy 1 get 1 free at circuit city. you can get two 12s for 100 bucks and they are very under rated. for the money I've not heard a better sub. (not to meantion their little blow it and we'll give you more for 4 years warranty)

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Im not up on the subs that you mentioned. Go with MTX. American made more boom for your buck. And great quality sound and workmanship.
More boom for your buck then a Brahma or XXX :uh:

Its a toss up between the XXX and the Brahma. .

Audiobahn shouldnt even be in the picture.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Originally posted by 2low2touch@Oct 21 2003, 04:42 PM
Brahma
Renosance xxx
matrix
mmatts
I hope you ment to say "resonant engineering XXX" :biggrin:

Well, for all intensive purposes XXX > Brahma for a variety of reasons...

Matrix? Not sure if you are referring to Matrxx audio(http://www.matrxxaudio.com/)? If so, you will be very impressed by their products. Barry Coleman is president of this fairly new company. He is very knowledge, stands behind all his products, and is just an all around great guy to deal with. If you do go this route, tell him JeremyD sent ya :biggrin:

As far as MMATS is concerned the only woofer in the same category as these others mentioned would be the juggernaut. I currently own 2 of these (for sale at the moment ;) ). They are extremely LOUD and massive power hungry woofer. Everyone will complain that they dont have the SQ of the aforementioned woofers, but you'd be amazed at what the right box can do. They are very listenable in the right enclosure.

But I can't make you're decison for you. Each of these products is fantastic and would suit nearly anyone.

I suggest trying to get out there and listen to these yourself. You ears won't lie to you.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Originally posted by 2low2touch+Nov 1 2003, 08:55 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (2low2touch @ Nov 1 2003, 08:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--2low2touch@Oct 21 2003, 10:46 PM
http://www.cardiscountstereos.com/Catalog%...duct+%23=SPLW12

well are these any good????
are these good tho???[/b][/quote]
In a word....no

They arent in any way comparable to the others mentioned.

They are pretty cheaply made and extremely inefficient. IMO look elsewhere.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts