LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Registered
2,631 Posts
When Gary sold the site was the beginning of the end. People may say Facebook or other social media but they do not replace a forum. Forums are like encyclopedias where they house tons of searchable information. No social media platform can replace that. Facebook made it easier for people to start groups which further divided lowriders. There are so many localized lowrider groups on FB that it's impossible to join them all and pay attention to what is going on.
This site was great , it had a wealth of information and connected so many people together. I personally made many friends because of this site which I would not have made otherwise.
It will never be what it was, and in it's prime it was the place to be.

· Banned
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its deeper that than that..even when Gary sold the site it was still popin' on here......ive been around since '04 and i seen alot nonesense ...........adding to what you mentioned, mods(who are no longer here) playing favorite and catering to certain people and topics being deleted..I remember payola was running crazy on here at one point.....I remember a mod pm'd me back in 05 advertising that he could remove any topic or thread that i wanted for $30. At that point I was like WTF....

Reactions: SD*ANGELA*CALI

· Banned
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this site will never recover...........but it does have alot of cool "how to" tech info.....

Reactions: Paz4vida

· Banned
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i use to come on here just to lounge in offtopic and laugh my ass off....thoes were great times.

Reactions: 67RagCad

· Phoenix Chapter President
6,817 Posts
use to be a great place to sell daytons on and network.....Ive probly sold 70 something sets(4) of wheels on here. sad to see it go downhill but like everything else. nothing lasts for ever.

· Registered
12 Posts
I don't have Facebook or any other social bs. Forums is where it's at. Many forums are doing great, sadly lowriders are great and all but not many followers like some of the truck forums I frequent. If you guide your friends or lowrider buddy's to the forums they can definitely thrive again.
I'm posting my build here as a form of documentation and for people to enjoy the progress of bringing an old car from the grave, and soon to be a low low.

· Banned
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
what would be great is some sort of christmas miracle to turn LayItLow around. :ROFLMAO: I mentioned this site to a few young guys Whittier and they answer with "every one is on facebook/instagram and LayItLow is dead".

· Super Moderator
54,597 Posts
bump

Reactions: SD*ANGELA*CALI

· Super Moderator
54,597 Posts
BUMP

1 - 20 of 43 Posts