LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after all this time, getting arrested, and 3 traffic tickets (unsafe vehical, exhibition of speed, and speeding), it looks like i might be getting my setup in as little as less than a week. i have $1200 now and expect to get another $400 this friday. then i can barrow another $200 from my friend Oscar. anyways, here is the list of what im going to get for $1700:

4-HS slam specialty bags (2 6", and 2 8")
12-1/2" blitzluft valves
120-foot of 1/2" line
front and rear bag brackets
4-thomas 337 compressors
2-170 psi switches
2-water seperators
2-check valves

-if i wait another 2 more weeks, i can get 4 more valves so i can do dual 1/2" lines to each bag...

anyways, my question is, what kind of brass fittings you guys recomend i use?? eventually i want to get with a bottle in the trunk, and run about 300 psi. i've seen fittings with big "ribs" that are supposed to anchor themselves to the air line with no clamps at all, and i've seen those with smaller and more "ribs" on them, which require some sort of clamp (if i use these, im going to use the kind you press on with a vise).

which kind do you guys use? which kind you recomend for me?

i was going to buy a 1/2" fitting kit, but decided not too because they were too expensive and im going to need at least 2 of them. i work at a hardware store and can get them for about $1.60 a pop (female, and male 1/2").

so what kind of fittings you guys recomend??

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
if youre gonna be running 300 PSI, the safest thing is to use braided lines with JIC fittings on them..

I would say all brass DOT fittings are the next best thing, but I'm not 100% sure what they are rated at..

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
for now im going to be going with regular 300 psi air line. if need be, i wont run as much once i get helium or whatever it is i get, but my question is, what kind of fittings; either the ones with the self locking "ribs" or the kind that need some clamp to hold them in the air line, do you guys recomend??

or are they about the same thing?

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Oct 9 2003, 12:07 AM
DOT fittings, some call the pushlok, they have the nipple on the inside...
coo, yea, those are the ones im talking about. so they're ok then huh? thats what i'll go with. thanks.

and for now im only going to be running 170 psi.

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
dont use the plastic ones though, I had bad luck with them, then I got my all brass Parker's, big money, but why risk fucking shit up trying to save 50 bucks??

·
do it in a datsun!!
14,491 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Oct 9 2003, 04:13 AM
dont use the plastic ones though, I had bad luck with them, then I got my all brass Parker's, big money, but why risk fucking shit up trying to save 50 bucks??
exactly, plastic dot line sucks, its stiff as hell and if it touches your exhaust for a second then byebye to your line,

·
Registered
91 Posts
i've used regular shop style air hose ( 300psi working pressure ) for the last few years without any problems. I used the brass barbed fittings with a good hose clamp, never blew a line, or blew a line off a fitting.

Last edited by baggednissan at Oct 9 2003, 11:14 PM

·
do it in a datsun!!
14,491 Posts
Originally posted by baggednissan@Oct 9 2003, 10:13 PM
i've used regular shop style air hose ( 300psi working pressure ) for the last few years without any problems. I used the brass barbed fittings with a good hose clamp, never blew a line, or blew a line off a fitting.
i have used barb fittings before, they worked good but the only thing is that i greatly reduces the ID

·
Registered
62 Posts
I only use the D.O.T pushfit fittings for my customers cars, the ones with the spigot in the middle. these can handle 3 times there working pressure of 150psi=450psi no troubles. Pay now or forever hold the peices.

·
do it in a datsun!!
14,491 Posts
Originally posted by lowest@Oct 10 2003, 02:04 PM
I only use the D.O.T pushfit fittings for my customers cars, the ones with the spigot in the middle. these can handle 3 times there working pressure of 150psi=450psi no troubles. Pay now or forever hold the peices.
i hate dot!!!!and pushfittings, they always leak and the line is so stiff

·
Registered
24,209 Posts
Originally posted by impala_631+Oct 11 2003, 01:42 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (impala_631 @ Oct 11 2003, 01:42 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--lowest@Oct 10 2003, 02:04 PM
i hate dot!!!!and pushfittings, they always leak and the line is so stiff[/b][/quote]
Use Stainless Duolock then!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$BALLERS-ONLY$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Hehehehehehe! :biggrin: Shit is pricey!

·
Registered
62 Posts
depends on which ones you purchase, we use SMC or we use IFS. The IFS are all brass and only leak if you get some shit in them during assembly. You may not get these in the USA though. The SMC dont like the heat much.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts