LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of O ring life do you guys get with just accumulators, ie no coils on your cylinders?

This will be in 2400# car with 750 max cylinder psi and absolutely zero side loads on the cylinder throughout the whole range of motion for the front suspension. This car is also a daily driver but only about 4 miles a day. This setup will only be on the front also.

What you guys think? I can live with changing the O rings maybe once every couple months but would like to see 6+ months outa them.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Since my Acura isn't driven much, it's not a good comparison. However, I used to drive about 40 miles a day in my old accord with ProHopper Competition cylinders and accumulators. I could go about 2-4 months in the front and 6-8 in the rear. I have had the juice in my Acura for 2 years and still haven't change one of my rear seals.

-Aaron
www.artofnoize.com

Last edited by 4pumpedCL at Jan 9 2004, 02:08 AM

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So they dont leak one bit? I cant afford any leaks at all in my setup as it pretty much sealed, no res or anything like that.

Every two months is cool with me. I just dont know if i will be able to not play with it at every stop light

:biggrin:

Do shocks have any effect on the seals?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
if this is with your remote system the shocks shouldnt affect the seals.
as long as the oil is clean and there is no side loads you should have no probs, gaitors on the cyl rods will help as well.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
My LHS is a TRUE driver. I average between 25,000 and 30,000 miles a year. I drive to NY every week for work, sometimes NH, and numerous trips to NC and FL. I change all of my o-rings every 12 months and it's extremely rare for me to have any leaks in that period of time. The last time I had to do an 'emergency-side-of-the-road' o-ring change was probably 4 or 5 years ago.
And "no", shocks have no effect on the o-rings. The only thing that really affects them is wear inside your cylinder walls or that one grain of dirt that gets trapped between the o-ring and cylinder wall.

Last edited by BOUNCIN89MERC2LOW97LHS at Jan 9 2004, 08:51 AM

1 - 5 of 5 Posts