LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of O ring life do you guys get with just accumulators, ie no coils on your cylinders?

This will be in 2400# car with 750 max cylinder psi and absolutely zero side loads on the cylinder throughout the whole range of motion for the front suspension. This car is also a daily driver but only about 4 miles a day. This setup will only be on the front also.

What you guys think? I can live with changing the O rings maybe once every couple months but would like to see 6+ months outa them.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Since my Acura isn't driven much, it's not a good comparison. However, I used to drive about 40 miles a day in my old accord with ProHopper Competition cylinders and accumulators. I could go about 2-4 months in the front and 6-8 in the rear. I have had the juice in my Acura for 2 years and still haven't change one of my rear seals.

-Aaron
www.artofnoize.com

Last edited by 4pumpedCL at Jan 9 2004, 02:08 AM

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So they dont leak one bit? I cant afford any leaks at all in my setup as it pretty much sealed, no res or anything like that.

Every two months is cool with me. I just dont know if i will be able to not play with it at every stop light

:biggrin:

Do shocks have any effect on the seals?

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
My LHS is a TRUE driver. I average between 25,000 and 30,000 miles a year. I drive to NY every week for work, sometimes NH, and numerous trips to NC and FL. I change all of my o-rings every 12 months and it's extremely rare for me to have any leaks in that period of time. The last time I had to do an 'emergency-side-of-the-road' o-ring change was probably 4 or 5 years ago.
And "no", shocks have no effect on the o-rings. The only thing that really affects them is wear inside your cylinder walls or that one grain of dirt that gets trapped between the o-ring and cylinder wall.

Last edited by BOUNCIN89MERC2LOW97LHS at Jan 9 2004, 08:51 AM

1 - 5 of 5 Posts