LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Originally posted by lowridermatt@Dec 16 2008, 08:45 PM~12450515
Welding in new sheet metal  I have a stick welder but i am affraid it will oxidise the metal ;) naw man.. not to big of rod an  don t burn to hot

·
Registered
30 Posts
Originally posted by lowridermatt@Dec 16 2008, 08:45 PM~12450515
Welding in new sheet metal  I have a stick welder but i am affraid it will oxidise the metal
:biggrin: use like 6011 rod and keep heat lo for machine

·
Zip it cunt!
27,116 Posts
mig is the best way to go on sheet metal.

if you're a season veteran with an arc welder you can get it done on sheet metal, but if you're not, you gonna have some warped ass swiss cheese ass metal yo.

dont get all excited though, you gotta watch what you're doing with mig too though....

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by hot$tuff5964@Dec 17 2008, 12:04 AM~12451480
mig is the best way to go on sheet metal.

if you're a season veteran with an arc welder you can get it done on sheet metal, but if you're not, you gonna have some warped ass swiss cheese ass metal yo.
dont get all excited though, you gotta watch what you're doing with mig too though....
I am a very good welder but i am not the best ;)

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by nyd40cal@Dec 18 2008, 08:22 PM~12469187

:0 shit............ :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:
thats fuckin funny :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:
Maybe if some of you fuckers came to off topic once in a while you would know hotstuff knew i was a fatass already. And you would not look like a dumbass :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by clownen@Dec 20 2008, 02:37 PM~12483556
if you canget a mig but if you use a stick don't try to weld to much at a time just stitch it so it does'nt worp
No offense homie but even with a mig you should wled small slug welds in about 1 to 2 in lenths to prevent warping as well ;)

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
Pick up yourself a Hobart Mig welder. Preferably a 220, that way you can use it for thick steel as well, but a 110 MIG would do. DON'T try to weld it with Flux. Don't be cheap and get the tank with gas. It welds much cleaner, stronger, and doesn't melt through the metal. I weld 20gauge sheet metal all day with my Hobart Handler 180 MIG welder (220) and I don't melt through at all. The welder ranges from $500-$900. I got it for $900 but my buddy found one for $500....lol Make sure you DON'T buy a Lincoln MIG welder. They're horrible. The wire hesitates to come out of the gun. Two of my friends have the same Lincoln welder and it does the same thing, and they had one at a shop I worked at and it also did the same thing. I'll either go Hobart, or Miller.

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
Originally posted by tRiCk oR tReAt 2@Dec 21 2008, 04:12 PM~12488823
Pick up yourself a Hobart Mig welder. Preferably a 220, that way you can use it for thick steel as well, but a 110 MIG would do. DON'T try to weld it with Flux. Don't be cheap and get the tank with gas. It welds much cleaner, stronger, and doesn't melt through the metal. I weld 20gauge sheet metal all day with my Hobart Handler 180 MIG welder (220) and I don't melt through at all. The welder ranges from $500-$900. I got it for $900 but my buddy found one for $500....lol Make sure you DON'T buy a Lincoln MIG welder. They're horrible. The wire hesitates to come out of the gun. Two of my friends have the same Lincoln welder and it does the same thing, and they had one at a shop I worked at and it also did the same thing. I'll either go Hobart, or Miller.

i have the hobart 187 and that thing is badass but i use flux core...........but then again i'm used to it :cool:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts