LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always hear people say the Mclean wheels are the best wires, but I never hear why...what exactly makes them better? What is the warranty on them.

I'm not trying to say any wheels are better, or debating the fact that Mcleans are good wheels, I'm just curious, because there are companys out there such as O.G. wires that carry a 3 year warranty, so youd think if they were bad quality, they wouldn't offer such a good warranty.

So besides the good prices, what makes them better?

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Im buying blue mcleans, soon!

Ive had results from LA wire! They last, over all quality is good & people always thought they were real daytons! La wire gold and dayton gold are the same, but luxor tends to be more dull, and roadser/roadstar tend to be darker and spokes tend to poke out a little more on roadster/roadstar

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Originally posted by T BONE+Jan 9 2004, 04:25 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (T BONE @ Jan 9 2004, 04:25 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--woodpaneling@Jan 9 2004, 02:23 AM
O.G. wires that carry a 3 year warranty
Get a set, wreck them and try getting that warranty honored ;)[/b][/quote]
Of course they're not going to honor a warrantee if you wreck them. There's a big difference between "warrantee" and "insurance." A warrantee covers you against "manufacturer's defects", not "fucked-up-driving defects."

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
excellent customer service and extensive powdercoating options have been a good product backer imo..easy and worry free for us to purchase in other countries also...

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anything else that makes them better? I'm just curious, because I think I want to go with some different wires than what I have (Player), but I can get a really good deal on O.G. wheels, less than I would pay for the Mcleans. So I'm debating between the two brands...Mclean and O.G. I still haven't heard anything that really makes the Mcleans better though.

Also, I still haven't found out the warranty on Mclean, anyone know?

Thanks for the replies everyone.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
I feel ya, I'm not 100% sold on HomeBoyz, though I do think he has some good rims and nice prices. But, I have yet to hear a solid reason why everyone jocks him...oops did I say that...

nah, just playin, but everyone on here SUPPORTS him, But there HAVE to be other places to get good rims...

But, good chance I will order 13 rims and tires through him by the middle of Feb...so I might be supporting him too, we'll see

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Originally posted by dayton roller+Jan 12 2004, 12:55 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dayton roller @ Jan 12 2004, 12:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--woodpaneling@Jan 9 2004, 07:23 AM
I always hear people say the Mclean wheels are the best wires

:uh: :uh: :uh: :uh: :uh: :uh: :uh: :uh:[/b][/quote]
what, you don't hear that on hear?

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
:uh:

cheap wires are cheap wires..there all tha same.. if you want real quality rims.. go with daytons.. im sure even homeboyz will tell you that.. as for me.. i roll mcleans and other cheapiez for tha reason if you take care of them and keep them hoez clean.. they will last you.. and the price is cheap.. so i can get a few other pairs in other combinations..cuz i change rims like i change shoes.. ;)

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Originally posted by 94Fleetwood@Jan 12 2004, 12:49 PM
I feel ya, I'm not 100% sold on HomeBoyz, though I do think he has some good rims and nice prices. But, I have yet to hear a solid reason why everyone jocks him...oops did I say that...
No you typed it ;) :biggrin:

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
the chrome plating is a better quality for one

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Don't the parts from most the wire wheel companies come from the same place?

So does Mclean get their parts from the same place as others? Then do they plate them theirselves or do the part come plated?

I've had my Player wires for 2 years and the chrome is fine. I drove them in rain, and I don't have a garage, so I couldn't say they had bad plating.

Are there any other reasons?

I'm starting to think I will just go with the best price, I haven't heard any proven facts that make my decision to spend more justified.

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
BEST CHEAP WIRE MADE, for the price ;) :cool:

Ive hjad 3 sets, and after I had them, sold them for the price I bought them for :0 :cool:

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
UNLESS YOU BUY ZENITH,ROADSTER,OR DAYTON THEN YOU ARE BUYING FOREIGN RIMS THEM THREE ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT MAKE THIER WHEELS IN THE U.S.A. BUT DAYTON NOW OFFERS A KOREAN MADE WHEEL THEY CALL THE BVLD. SERIES.I WOULD SAY NO# 1 WOULD BE ZENITH,#2 DAYTON,#3 ROADSTER IN THAT ORDER!!!!!! ALL THE OTHER RIMS ARE MADE IN ABOUT 5 DIFFERENT COMPANY'S IN CHINA AND KOREA.THEY DO HAVE SOME GOOD WHEELS BUT NOTHING LIKE MADE HERE!!!

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
dayton still the best, zenith not as good since they were aquired by roadster.

·
Premium Member
64,662 Posts
All these wheels are the same quality coming from China just watch out for Korean wheels

1 - 20 of 22 Posts