LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what make year and model master cylinder am i looking for for 4 wheel drum brakes .. with the dual resivior dual out ...non power boost

and tell me about the 605 conversion .. if i go in and get that box ...(what make year and model .) do i need to use that box and my original pitman arm .... damn they want 120 alone for the original style pitman arm ... and it seems outrageous ... but thats the next weakest link in play for my steering ...

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
i have a topic in here from a while ago..

same question on the 605 conversion..

any 605 box, 63/64 impala manual steering center link and pitman arm (which can be found on eBay sometimes, or I can give you the email of a guy with a set for 75 bucks..), modified steering shaft, and a 605 adapter bracket. as for the pump, I've heard you can use the stock one, but if youre at a junkyard pulling the box, why not grab the pump also..

you can also use the 60-62 manual steering center link, but need a 63/64 power steering pitman to go with it

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
never thought about ebay for a pitman arm ..hmm ...

any idea about that master cylinder i wanna get rid of the single resivoir single line out ... and go to the dual units ..

my dad was telling me i wouldnt need a poportioning valve because of the different size wheels cylinders ..

i need same pattern to bolt up and wonder which ones has the right depoth for the brake rod ..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts