LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey wasup people ,, i need to build a home made turn table, cuz i'm runnin out of money i put aside for my bike ,, and i aint tryin to use the rest of my extra money cuase i need that to hook up my truck ,,,, ,,,, so if yalls got any idea's please can you post it up or pm me ,,,, or also hit me up on aol killaonez111 , or [email protected] ,,,,,,, or can you give me an idea of what kind of motor i can use...................thanx people :cool:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey... just use the electric drill.. dont take it apart. Get 2 Pullys and u can hold on pully with the drill... and the other one attach the the turn table.. conenct with a belt..and u are done

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
yep, i seen a truck at a world of wheels show that used a drill to spin the bed. I didn't see it in action but there was a huge gear underneath the bed, like a couple ft. in diameter. So i'm not sure how they had it runnin'. It was probably pretty slow though.

·
Registered
77 Posts
my boy got an electric fan and took of the blades, than put a bar to hold the bike up, and u could change gear to go from fast to slow

·
Registered
48,347 Posts
Man, I have been trying to figure this one out for the longest. I will say it again, No way I am paying $350 for something I can make for under $100.

KILLAONEZ111, All I ever get out of people is "Use a gear motor." O.k., where do I get one?
:dunno: No one else knows...

Some suggestions I have been givin.

A bbq rotiserre (sp)
A ceiling fan motor
A drill
A washing machine motor

I think the only one that will really work is the drill. The ceiling fan is too complicated. I can not find a rotiserre motor that will take all my trikes weight. I think it will work for a two wheeler. Some of those motors come rated for only so much weight. The highest I have found is 20lbs. I think my trike weighs more then that. You can get a rotissere motor on ebay for about 12 dollers. It might be worth is to get one and try it out...

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
can an electric drill realy spin a 170 pound bike ,,, if so can any one post up how the set up go's ,, cuz i realy don't want to be smokin at the show , and find out that the motor over worked and blew ,,, that will ruin my rep at the show ,,,, i've herd of car fans and electrical fans ,,,, but not a drill but can someone please put up a diagram of how it works ,,,,,,,,,, thanx homies,,,,,,,,,,,,, and about the washing machine motor ,, i don't know where at one of these places where i can find one,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by caddimex@Jan 8 2004, 09:24 PM
my boy got an electric fan and took of the blades, than put a bar to hold the bike up, and u could change gear to go from fast to slow
yeah if i can get a hold of an electrical fan motor we could probably try that out ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, i'm lookin more for a quick set up ,, i don't wanna deal with welding it together and all ,,, i just want to like screw it down and stuf like that,,,,,,,,,,,, :biggrin: :cool:

·
Registered
77 Posts
yo killaonez is that pick-up on ur avart urs? i saw it on lowrider magazine. i likes u got any more pics of it?

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by caddimex@Jan 9 2004, 03:40 PM
yo killaonez is that pick-up on ur avart urs? i saw it on lowrider magazine. i likes u got any more pics of it?
thas my cuzzin luis blanco ,,, i helped him out a lil on it , he's hookin up my mazda right now in guam ,,, yeah he was featured in the LRM , a while back ,,,, yeah i got some pics,,,, but i can't post it up my comp won't let me ,,, but you can hit me up on aol ,,, killaonez111 ,,, or email me at ,,,[email protected],,,, aiight homie :biggrin: :biggrin: :cool:

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
I went to my garage and had some inspiration. My wife's grandma remodelled thier house and gave us a ceiling fan. My wife made me haul it home from vegas even though we hardly had room in the car. Now that I look at it, with a little rigging and maybe a dimmer type switch, it may work as a turntable.

thanks Nana!

K. Diaz

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
ok uhm. i havent figured it out yet... but then again i havent put much thought into it... one of my club members used a christmas tree turn table... it worked... but... he didnt reinforce it good enough it broke at the show in 2003 LRM miami...lol... it would work if u do it right... and i really really really have no idea how the hell u would setup a dril for that... how bout a grinder?...

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by tRiCk oR tReAt 2@Jan 13 2004, 10:54 PM
and i really really really have no idea how the hell u would setup a dril for that...
the one i seen using a drill used a huge gear, so since the drill turns fast, the big gear would cause your table to turn slower.

of course the one i seen was on a truck bed, but i'm sure it's the same concept

1 - 18 of 18 Posts