LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

what paint do yall use

562 views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  jevries 
#1 ·
i'm seeing a lot of flakes in the paint. i know at hoobytown they sell flakes. is that what yall use or no

#2 ·
Originally posted by Atx_ballin@Aug 17 2006, 07:10 PM~5989526
i'm seeing a lot of flakes in the paint.  i know at hoobytown they sell flakes.  is that what yall use or no

I use PPG and HOK flakes ! You will need a binder to use it but its the best thing I have used !

#4 ·
umm lets see

i use HOK flakes (in airbrush and once and a while in a can)

dupont

ppg

taimaya

and i have a few testors cans :cool:

#8 ·
Originally posted by .L1L CR1M1N4L::@Aug 17 2006, 06:11 PM~5989870
EY IZ THE HOK PACKAGE AT WAL-MART GOOD?AND WAT ABOUT THE AIRBRUSHS AND SPRAYERS THERE?

i tryed them once and they work well and they have nice colors

and as for wal-mart airbrushes

they suck!!!

#12 ·
I use walmart HOK. I've been trying the dupli-colors here lately. Both are pretty nice.

ATX how much what cost? Walmart HOK? If so its I think 5 for the base 10 for the color coat and 10 for the clear. On most the kandy jobs I've done I haven't even needed to clear.

#13 ·
Originally posted by LowandBeyond@Aug 17 2006, 08:59 PM~5990995
I use walmart HOK.  I've been trying the dupli-colors here lately.  Both are pretty nice. 

ATX how much what cost?  Walmart HOK?  If so its I think 5 for the base 10 for the color coat and 10 for the clear.  On most the kandy jobs I've done I haven't even needed to clear.

he was talkin about the walmart hok

and it is 6.25 per can :puffin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.