LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be starting automotive collision repair classes soon...I was wondering what paint guns you guys use? What should i look for in buying one.

Also what tool brand do you guys recommend using....I can get good discounts on Snap-on, Mac, or Craftsman. So Ill be choosing one of those.

Thanks for any replies.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by woodpaneling@Dec 16 2003, 01:09 AM
I'm going to be starting automotive collision repair classes soon...I was wondering what paint guns you guys use? What should i look for in buying one.

Also what tool brand do you guys recommend using....I can get good discounts on Snap-on, Mac, or Craftsman. So Ill be choosing one of those.

Thanks for any replies.
Some one in here has got to know something on this subject...

·
Registered
131 Posts
I paint w/ a Sata RP 90. Its a Non-HLVP (high volume, low pressure) gun. Sata IMO..is the best gun out there. But expensive....but like always you pay for quality. Devilbliss and Binks guns are good aswell. Theres gonna be an option of what head tipsize you want on your gun, and if you want it to be conventional or HLVP. The most used tips are 1.3 and 1.4. 1.3 size tip head is my personal favorite...better coverage and good for a basecoat/clearcoat application. 1.4 size head is good for basecoat/clearcoat but excellent for single stage ...a thicker type of paint. But if you have an account w/ snap on, he should be able to get you a Sata. Hope that helps.

·
59 imp 64 imp 77 mc
11,239 Posts
Iwata hvlp guns and airbrushes ;)

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by B_A_RIDER@Dec 19 2003, 12:54 AM
Iwata hvlp guns and airbrushes ;)
Thats what I am thinking I will go with...I seen a lot of people use those.

What tool brand would be a good choice??

Snap-on will be the most expensive, Mac would be a little less, then Craftsman would be the cheapest. I need good tools, since I will be doing bodywork professonally.

Also, what do you guys look for in compressors for painting.

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
i have sata jet 2000 and a nr95sata there the best gun on the market

but you got to pay if you want to spray them guns :biggrin:

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wont have to worry about that for a couple years....student loans :)

I will probably slap myself once I have to start paying those off though.

I think I will choose between the Iwata or Sata guns...

What about the tools....any opinions, or should I just go with the best deals.

Thanks again for all the help guys.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
theyre all pretty good but just remember your gonna be using them for the next 30 years so they gotta last. snap on mac or matco, maybe some craftsman hand tools, ive got a few of their pliers in my box

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
it depend on what you plan on doing as far as what tools you need to get thats the part of it that i dont like i have like50,000 in tools and still buying shit :(

·
59 imp 64 imp 77 mc
11,239 Posts
Originally posted by woodpaneling+Dec 19 2003, 12:59 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (woodpaneling @ Dec 19 2003, 12:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--B_A_RIDER@Dec 19 2003, 12:54 AM
Iwata hvlp guns and airbrushes  ;)
Thats what I am thinking I will go with...I seen a lot of people use those.

What tool brand would be a good choice??

Snap-on will be the most expensive, Mac would be a little less, then Craftsman would be the cheapest. I need good tools, since I will be doing bodywork professonally.

Also, what do you guys look for in compressors for painting.[/b][/quote]
i like snap on, but mac is jus about the same.

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
Originally posted by capriceman75@Dec 20 2003, 10:55 PM
damn john,you have a shop or are you a back yard painter.
i work at a bodyshop doing bodywork only frame work cliping cars togetther and shit like that but i do custom work at my house

·
Registered
12,068 Posts
Sata Jet 2000 :thumbsup: If you are serious save up and go for the gold instead of wasting $$ on cheap guns. But you could get something for $80-100 Just to learn to spray with.

Ive got 2 digital satas 1.3 tip, best gun ive ever sprayed

1 - 16 of 16 Posts