LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want a system.. that hits hard and has good highs and mids.. but i dont have a fat wallet to get a top of the line systems.. but i dont want something that wont get the job done.. can someone help me with some ideas of speakers that are not so much money.. but are good. and have good power to them.. thanks

Cor3y

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I'm no expert when it comes to car audio, but someone gave me some advice when choosing a head unit, and they said to go for sound quality over features. What they meant was to go for a unit with a good quality 'sound engine' (don't ask me what this comprises, but I'm sure an audio shop will know if you ask!), rather than a unit with loads of features that has a compromised circuitry to fit it into a particular price band. You'll just have to ask around and read some reviews.

I was also advised to stick to one make for the whole system. Kenwood has a great name, and I am going to stick to their products for my system. I have a Kenwood KDC 6080R, CD tuner head unit.

I have listened to some demo speakers and liked the Kenwood HQ series. I'm having 170mm 2-ways in the front, 6x9 3-ways in the back, driven by the standard 4x45w outputs, plus a 12 sub/sub box in the boot (trunk), driven by the basic Kenwood 5201 amplifier.

I expect everyone else will disagree with my choice, but I have listened to this specification system and my ears told me that it sounded very good :cheesy: .

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well.. i want something that will bumb hard. but i want to hear the music not just the bass.. i have a sony head unit.. its a older one.. from my brothers car.. and ill prolly get his 2 jl 10s in a bandbass.. yes i know bandbass's arnt that good but his shit hit hard as fuck. we cracked his back window one night listining to a bass cd.. no lie! but i have to get the 6x9s and the amps.. i need to find out what kind of amps i need. and can comeone tell me or give me advice at what kind of 6x9s i should get.. and then the amp for them.. thanks any help willl work :) :wave:

Cor3y

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well im buying my brothers subs and a headunit for 60 bux (cheap huh good thing where brothers) and ill just havet to get a amp and 2 6x9s. i saved some money for the rest of my car.. so im happy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts