LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Originally posted by #1baghater@Feb 1 2010, 02:29 PM~16477151
and it gives me a stiff ride and i dont like it so i should just ride on smaller coils
if it gives you a stiff ride you dont want to cut more coils off...that will make it worse

and if you dont like a ruff ride go accumes or go bags :angry:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by danp68@Feb 1 2010, 11:58 AM~16477431
if it gives you a stiff ride you dont want to cut more coils off...that will make it worse

and if you dont like a ruff ride go accumes or go bags  :angry:
lol no bags for me well art from hoppos told be to run a smaller coil like a 2ton and you will have a better ride

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Originally posted by #1baghater@Feb 1 2010, 03:07 PM~16477502
lol no bags for me well art from hoppos told be to run a smaller coil like a 2ton and you will have a better ride
yeah a taller lighter weight coil will give you a better ride on flat streets,but when you hit bumps it will float up and down like a boat for a min-i like a stiffer ride myself-i dont mind if my shit rides like a 1960 truck lol :biggrin:
but you can run stiffer springs and accumes if you want a much better ride,and you can shut accumes off if you want to show off because you dont wanna hop ect with accumes :cool:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol it dont really bother me i just want to show air fag guys how we could have a nice ride to when driving but im just going with a 2ton coil not a short stack a full stack

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
2 ton is still stiff to me. anything under 2 pumps 8 batts, use the stock front springs in the rear. Thats usually too stiff still for me,but better than 2 or 3 tons most guys think they should have back there

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by AndrewH@Feb 1 2010, 04:25 PM~16479520
2 ton is still stiff to me. anything under 2 pumps 8 batts, use the stock front springs in the rear. Thats usually too stiff still for me,but better than 2 or 3 tons most guys think they should have back there
yeah i have stock coils with welded cup on it

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
the front coils out of a 80s caddy i hear work real nice in the rear...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Feb 1 2010, 07:23 PM~16481631
thats what i got welded to the cup in caddy coils

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Originally posted by #1baghater@Feb 1 2010, 10:36 PM~16481776
thats what i got welded to the cup in caddy coils
if you have stock coils they are way smaller than 2 ton coils-even fronts are maybe a 1/2 ton on a caddy....2 ton will be way stiffer than what you got now-the ones you got now are close to the diameter of a dime,2 tons are between the diameter of a nickel and a quarter...just for comparison ;)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by danp68@Feb 2 2010, 12:47 AM~16485885
if you have stock coils they are way smaller than 2 ton coils-even fronts are maybe a 1/2 ton on a caddy....2 ton will be way stiffer than what you got now-the ones you got now are close to the diameter of a dime,2 tons are between the diameter of a nickel and a quarter...just for comparison  ;)
ok thanks homie will post pics of it 2marrow im going to install the coils 2marrow so show how it looks wouldnt it lay out more too?

·
SO FRESH!!!!!
12,453 Posts
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Feb 1 2010, 09:23 PM~16481631
you can get a good 3 wheel though cause they compress to much but its is a great ride

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Originally posted by #1baghater@Feb 2 2010, 04:35 AM~16486041
ok thanks homie will post pics of it 2marrow im going to install the coils 2marrow so show how it looks wouldnt it lay out more too?
just depends on how tall your goin...if you full stack it like you had mentioned that thing is gonna sit at or above stock height...gotta cut coils to height you want car to sit :cool:

·
Day2Day Grind
93 Posts
on the rear of mine im using a coil out of a city transport bus, :0 i used a full stack cut it in half, not sure what the ton ratings are but its super smooth... 2 pumps 6 batts.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Originally posted by ~Texas Hustle~@Feb 2 2010, 02:39 PM~16488652
on the rear of mine im using a coil out of a city transport bus,  :0  i used a full stack cut it in half, not sure what the ton ratings are but its super smooth...  2 pumps 6 batts.
i wouldnt know what size those would be :dunno: our city busses have air bags in the front(they drop down to let old feeble people on so they dont have to step up high) and leaf springs in rear

·
Day2Day Grind
93 Posts
Originally posted by danp68@Feb 2 2010, 12:49 PM~16488742
i wouldnt know what size those would be :dunno: our city busses have air bags in the front(they drop down to let old feeble people on so they dont have to step up high) and leaf springs  in rear
the bus that im talking about is this one, i used one coil from the front and cut it

1 - 20 of 31 Posts