LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running 2400 Watts, 3 10" Rockfod Fosgate Woofers. I'm only running with a 660 cca battery, and stock Alternator on my 305 V8 in my '81 El Camino.

At night, with the lights on, I cant bump like I do in the Day time. Do I need another battery?

Any suggestions on Alternator Upgrades?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,674 Posts
Originally posted by Flips Monte@Feb 2 2010, 01:35 PM~16489638
I'm running 2400 Watts, 3 10" Rockfod Fosgate Woofers. I'm only running with a 660 cca battery, and stock Alternator on my 305 V8 in my '81 El Camino.

At night, with the lights on, I cant bump like I do in the Day time. Do I need another battery?

Any suggestions on Alternator Upgrades?
200 amps or more. Check out excessive amprage or Mechman.
 

·
2GUNZ
Joined
·
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by Flips Monte@Feb 2 2010, 03:35 PM~16489638
I'm running 2400 Watts, 3 10" Rockfod Fosgate Woofers. I'm only running with a 660 cca battery, and stock Alternator on my 305 V8 in my '81 El Camino.
At night, with the lights on, I cant bump like I do in the Day time. Do I need another battery?
Any suggestions on Alternator Upgrades?
AH WHAT BRAND IS GIVING YOU 2400 WATTS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,672 Posts
Originally posted by Brahma Brian@Feb 2 2010, 02:36 PM~16490233
Get the largest available for your application.

http://excessiveamperage.com/

Email Nate, he will take care of you bro  :cool:
200 amp on my pickup from this site :cool: works great worth the money the ones you get from the parts houses never last
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
873 Posts
I'd say a 250 amp alt and a second battery. Something like a kinetik 2000 or 2400. As far as brands go excessive, mechman, powermaster, dc power, irragi, and Ohio generator are the top brands. Just do some research on them and go with the one that gives you the best deal.
 

·
2GUNZ
Joined
·
28,221 Posts
I AM JUST IMAGINING HIM COMING BACK WITH PYRAMID, OR SOME OTHER BRAND THAT SAYS 2400 WATTS, AND YOU BUY IT FROM A FLEA MARKET. AND HE NEEDS A 200 AMP ALTERNATOR FOR THAT MAYBE NEEDS A NEW AMP.........;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,672 Posts
Originally posted by BIG DIRTY@Feb 2 2010, 05:45 PM~16492131
I AM JUST IMAGINING HIM COMING BACK WITH PYRAMID, OR SOME OTHER BRAND THAT SAYS 2400 WATTS, AND YOU BUY IT FROM A FLEA MARKET.  AND HE NEEDS A 200 AMP ALTERNATOR FOR THAT  MAYBE NEEDS A NEW AMP.........;)
remember BOSS audio, or vulfenhagen haha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,655 Posts
Originally posted by incman78@Feb 2 2010, 06:33 PM~16492018
I'd say a 250 amp alt and a second battery. Something like a kinetik 2000 or 2400. As far as brands go excessive, mechman, powermaster, dc power, irragi, and Ohio generator are the top brands. Just do some research on them and go with the one that gives you the best deal.
Yeah 2 batt. would deff. not hurt.You got the charcoal can in the pass side front right??Move that bitch and put the 2nd batt. there
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,429 Posts
Originally posted by baggedout81@Feb 2 2010, 08:15 PM~16492430
Yeah 2 batt. would deff. not hurt.You got the charcoal can in the pass side front right??Move that bitch and put the 2nd batt. there
thats what I did :cool:
2 odyssey 2150s in the trunk00.3
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
695 Posts
it might be a power acoustic or a kole.
while they say big #s on them. they generaly do half of whats stated.

I remember seeing that power acoustic 5500w amp get benched at 2500w or so give or take on great electrical. still 2500w going to some subs is nothing to shake a stick at. lol
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top