LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some one told me to get a 2 inch hole saw to cut the holes for the cylinders but it seem like it would be really loose. what size of hole saw would be the best?, thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,732 Posts
i like to use 2" to allow for a little cylinder play :cool: cylinders need to move a little bit because the cylinder is not mounted to a stationary object. depending on how large of rear cylinders your rolling i might even reccomend 2 1/8" for the rear :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
on the cylinders i have it seams like it would be to loose would it be a bad thing to do if i cut it to just a little over the size or is 2" the best way to go?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,732 Posts
Originally posted by lowcosupreme@Aug 18 2006, 01:25 PM~5995861
on the cylinders i have it seams like it would be to loose would it be a bad thing to do if i cut it to just a little over the size or is 2" the best way to go?
yeah id jsut do 2" how big are your rear strokes?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by low4life86@Aug 18 2006, 07:10 PM~5997212
yeah id jsut do 2" how big are your rear strokes?
the back will be 8" for now so i will just go with 2" all around, thanks everyone for the help :cool:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,358 Posts
1 5/8" for a standard size cylinder.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,593 Posts
Originally posted by JasonJ@Aug 18 2006, 06:20 PM~5997283
1 5/8" for a standard size cylinder.
remember when we cut Rich's car...we searched all over town for that size..hardly anyone carried it. Kinda weird.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,593 Posts
1 5/8" will be a perfect fit, 2" will be a little loose. I think most people just say fuck it and use a 2 incher because you can get that size damn near anywhere.
 
O

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Originally posted by lowcosupreme@Aug 18 2006, 11:37 PM~5998047
:confused: so 2" or l" 5/8 any one care to explain witch size and why it would be better
you need to get a hole saw that is 1/8" larger than your cylinder. and like Hoss805 said, dont go over 1/4" larger.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,551 Posts
FRONT HOLES YOU SHOULD HAVE TIGHT SO THEY DONT MOVE ALL OVER THE PLACE, LESS CHANCE OF BENDING THE SHAFT. REAR YOU SHOULD GO NO LARGER THEN 1/4 BIGGER THEN THE CYLINDERS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Unlimited Hustle@Aug 20 2006, 12:20 AM~6003442
FRONT HOLES YOU SHOULD HAVE TIGHT SO THEY DONT MOVE ALL OVER THE PLACE, LESS CHANCE OF BENDING THE SHAFT. REAR YOU SHOULD GO NO LARGER THEN 1/4 BIGGER THEN THE CYLINDERS
:( wish i would have read that sooner i cut the front already :banghead:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,732 Posts
Originally posted by lowcosupreme@Sep 30 2006, 05:25 PM~6278698
:( wish i would have read that sooner i cut the front already :banghead:
what size? due to the fact that the a arm is not stationary and moves 2 inches is good... :cool:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
10,571 Posts
Originally posted by JasonJ@Aug 18 2006, 07:20 PM~5997283
1 5/8" for a standard size cylinder.
:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,015 Posts
I did mine 1 3/4" for pro hopper street cylinders which are 1 5/8" o.d. I think the holes where somewhere around 2 1/2" by the time I redid the setup.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by DuezPaid@Sep 30 2006, 09:27 PM~6279442
I did mine 1 3/4" for pro hopper street cylinders which are 1 5/8" o.d. I think the holes where somewhere around 2 1/2" by the time I redid the setup.
so will it be okay?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,551 Posts
you can get a bigger dia. cylinder or you can buy some round tube and weld it into the frame and use it as a bushing to tighten it up or you can weld the tube to the donut and and slide it over the cylinder as normal and it will fix the problem as well.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top