LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TRYING 2 FIGURE OUT WHAT SPRINGS TO USE IN THE FRONT OF MY 2000 LINCOLN TOWNCAR...

FRONT PUMP SHOWTIME 1/2" PRESSURE PORT #9 GEAR.
#6 HOSE TO THE FRONT Y BLOCKED TO 2 #6 HOSES
WIRED AT 48 VOLTS AND I THINK I GOT 4 TO 5 LOOPS OF 2 1/2" OR 3 TON SPRINGS UP FRONT... IT GETS UP BUT I BOTTOM OUT ONCE I START HITTING AROUND 20" I KNOW THE CAR HAS POTENTIAL WITH STIFFER SPRINGS TO GET MORE INCHES...WHAT SPRINGS SHOULD I GET ...

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by Luxury Roller@Sep 24 2007, 09:56 PM~8862882
TRYING 2 FIGURE OUT WHAT SPRINGS TO USE IN THE FRONT OF MY 2000 LINCOLN TOWNCAR...

FRONT PUMP SHOWTIME 1/2" PRESSURE PORT #9 GEAR.
#6 HOSE TO THE FRONT Y BLOCKED TO 2 #6 HOSES
WIRED AT 48 VOLTS AND I THINK I GOT 4 TO 5 LOOPS OF 2 1/2" OR 3 TON SPRINGS UP FRONT... IT GETS UP BUT I BOTTOM OUT ONCE I START HITTING AROUND 20" I KNOW THE CAR HAS POTENTIAL WITH STIFFER SPRINGS  TO GET MORE INCHES...WHAT SPRINGS SHOULD I GET ...
I would go with some 4 1/2 tons if you wanna get up. Or go with the 3 ton MACH 3 from Pro Hopper, those always did me good

·
over it
6,640 Posts
3.5 OSC coils worked great on my boys 95 when they were new but once they broke in some they were a little too soft. I think a set of 4 tons would be a good size just try not to cut too much off. We tried 4.5 ton ProHopper coils but they were too stiff and just wouldn't break in. We were running 72V to the nose and got around low to mid 30s on the 3.5s.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
if your frame not wrapped i would stick with 3 tons wit one turn cut off!48v wont move any coils bigger than that anyway!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts