LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
o k my front pass. side pads are constantly pushing on the rotor, even when im not pressing the brakes. this is causing everything to get boiling hot while driving and smoke starts to come from my wheel. everyone told me that the piston inside of the caliper was sticking so i went out and bought a brand new caliper and a brand new brake hose. installed both of them and the same thing is happening. that piston,"the one you use a C-clamp on to compress" is not releasing pressure when i let off my brakes and is pushing the back pad against my rotor constantly. WHY?? i replaced everything and it is still doing this. someone please let me know how to fix this. thanks alot.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
TTT, anyone??????

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
come on somebodys gotta know whats up.............

·
Registered
379 Posts
If you replaced you calipers and pads its probably your master cylinder either needs to be cleaned,rebuilt just go to advance and tell them your problem. If its old calipers then the tracks have too much rust or some shit. But id see about a master cyl . Ther easy to replace. dont mess up your fittings and have a partner help pump the petal to bleed the lines . make sure a line isnt clooged with debris and good luck! :cool:

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what is the master cylinder?? where is it located/??? about how much are they???

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TTT :(

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
82 caddy deville

·
Registered
379 Posts
master cylndr follow your brake lines to about your steering colum where do you put in your brake fluid follow that.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Originally posted by carvr2@Sep 6 2003, 09:04 PM
If you replaced you calipers and pads its probably your master cylinder either needs to be cleaned,rebuilt just go to advance and tell them your problem. If its old calipers then the tracks have too much rust or some shit. But id see about a master cyl . Ther easy to replace. dont mess up your fittings and have a partner help pump the petal to bleed the lines . make sure a line isnt clooged with debris and good luck! :cool:
i agree :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts