LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey the guy that bought my car called me today and said after he put in the amp nothing powers on but his amp and subs im assuming the speaker harness has come loose but what if its not.

i mean what else could it be he says he has no speakers but the subs working.

·
Registered
15,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so if i mess with the fading will that help?

·
Registered
455 Posts
sometimes. the best way to find out is unhook all the speakers at the deck and hook them up 1 at a time, if it stops working when u hook up a certain speaker then thats the problem. if it doesnt work still hook up a different one first. what kind of car is it?

·
Registered
281 Posts
I had the same problem and all the answers i got on here was a shorted wire... which i knew wasnt the problem. It turned out that the decks speaker output was blown but the RcAs to the amp was working fine as usual but all i could hear was the bass. I dont know if that helps or not.

·
Registered
15,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by lacontheframe@Jan 12 2004, 06:05 PM
I had the same problem and all the answers i got on here was a shorted wire... which i knew wasnt the problem. It turned out that the decks speaker output was blown but the RcAs to the amp was working fine as usual but all i could hear was the bass. I dont know if that helps or not.
actually that was it exactly, the amp his nephew gave him had a blown rca channel. which the only way i can figure is that after a couple weeks or attemting to run a half lown amp the deck just quit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts