LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so last night i start my car to leave from work at about 12:00 AM, and there's a little green light on the instrument panel that lights up (directly above the "60" on the speedometer). If i turn the engine off, the light goes off, but when i start the car, the light comes on again.

I also noticed if i tap the accelerator all the way down for a second, in that second that the engine stalls before it catches, the light flickers.

This light has never come on for the two years + that i've had my car... what does it mean?

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no, no... it's not a blinker, and it's not the high beams (the light is on even when all lights are off)

On the instrument panel, it's a little tiny, round green light

·
Registered
15,273 Posts
Originally posted by Stealth@Jan 17 2004, 03:00 PM
so last night i start my car to leave from work at about 12:00 AM, and there's a little green light on the instrument panel that lights up (directly above the "60" on the speedometer). If i turn the engine off, the light goes off, but when i start the car, the light comes on again.

I also noticed if i tap the accelerator all the way down for a second, in that second that the engine stalls before it catches, the light flickers.

This light has never come on for the two years + that i've had my car... what does it mean?
look in the owners manuel if you have it

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no, it's not that, it's a little tiny round green light... someone's got to know what it means!

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
arrrgghhhh no, the trunk open light is a orange light that says "TRUNK OPEN".

does no one know? anyone have a manual for an 80s cadillac? cause i don't! someone's got to!

TTT

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Is there some kind of mark or outline? It's not just a light.

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by Stealth@Jan 19 2004, 04:40 PM
arrrgghhhh no, the trunk open light is a orange light that says "TRUNK OPEN".

does no one know? anyone have a manual for an 80s cadillac? cause i don't! someone's got to!

TTT
:twak:

i start school on wedsnesday. ill look up some stuff on alldata for you then.

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
I have three 1980 caddies...........I'll look tonight when I get off work if you havn't already found out.

All I can remember though is the little light for the high beams. Kinda shaped like a caddy emblem but so small it looks kinda round.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
no it's not the high beams, it's on the instrument light panel, the same "strip" that has "TRUNK OPEN", "GENERATOR", "CHARGE SYSTEM", etc... it's in the middle, it's a ROUND green light (on the right of the "trunk open" light)

about half the size of the cadillac emblem for the high beams

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
i think its the "time to sell" light :biggrin: :cool:

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
have you tried taking the cover off and seeing anything?? just guessing had the same problem with my buick the lens was dirty and i couldnt tell what the writing was....just a guess.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts