LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I hopped in the Lac this morning, ready to head out the door for work. I kick the car on and pulled it out of the garage. Then I decided to go to work in an old school fashion and decided to play some Pac. I poped my trunk, grabbed the 12 disc out the shuttle and started skimmin through my cd's. I had the cd up front playing a bit of Too Short, and I heard what sounded like a blown speaker coming from one of my 12's!

I got pissed off and started wondering if it was blown. I turned up the volume and noticed that there was air coming out of the port, and same when I changed the balace to the left side (still hittin ok). But something isn't right, anybody have a clue what it may be or what causing it? The 12"s are both DVC's so I don't know if that means anything...

JL 12's and they're running off the JL 500/1 mono. That amp is built mainly for the W3's (which I've got). :dunno:

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
umm air is supposed to come out of the port.....

·
Banned
9,973 Posts
Originally posted by Pitbullx@Sep 14 2005, 04:15 PM~3815728
lol, I think he knows that, I think he means, if they where blown, no air would be coming out of the port, correct me if i'm wrong

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
could still be something wong with the sub even if its moving and air is coming out of the port...
have you ever watched a blown speaker play, or sat in a car with someone that had blown coaxils... they still play, they just sound like shit, and then eventually they dont play anymore... samething with woofers, they can get messed up and still bump in and out and air will still come out of the port, but it will sound like DHD taking a quick hit of audiofonics...

-qs

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Got a multimeter? Cause you could just check the impedience with the ohm meter and see if there is anything funky electrically with the subs.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Pitbullx@Sep 14 2005, 04:15 PM~3815728
:twak:

I know that. But the sound from the sub sounds like it's blown.

And when I turn it up, it sounds okay. I turned it up and had it at where my normal cruising level is, and they both moved/sounded okay. I have no clue WTF is up with it..

·
Registered
104 Posts

1 - 8 of 8 Posts