LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Teflon should usually work, make sure its pretty tight if it leaks. If anything dope up the threads. I cant think of a name brand, i'll get back with you on it.

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
Originally posted by Death Dealer@Aug 31 2005, 02:31 AM~3723483
Teflon should usually work, make sure its pretty tight if it leaks. If anything dope up the threads. I cant think of a name brand, i'll get back with you on it.

loc-tite

·
Registered
563 Posts
i use regular old ptfe pipe dope let it sit 24 hours in most cases..the teflon will leak if youy dont go with the threads...

·
Registered
694 Posts
i dont know if its good to use this certain type of pipe dope but its called green stuff (no pun intended), works real good, but i dont know if you want that shit to be visible tho, doesnt really look so good, you should be fine with teflon tho

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
alot of people dont know teflon tape only goes on one way too, wrap it backwards and as you tighten the fittings it unwraps the tape. when you are holding the fitting looking at it with the threads facing you, the tape needs to be wrapped clockwise. dont start right on the end either, start 1 thread back and do 3 to 4 wraps.

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
Originally posted by 3onthree@Aug 30 2005, 11:32 PM~3723824
thats cuz you didnt put it on right
:thumbsup:

i had to redo some plumbing on my set up not to long ago. all hand tight cause we didnt have a vice to hold and tightin them where it was at. still not 1 leek..........
put it on right, and you'll be fine

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
JIC are the ones with the taper, and useally a swizel on the fem end. No tape on these, just a couple wrenches

O

·
0 Posts
the problem is, most people dont even know what the teflon tape (or other products) is even used for.

teflon tape does not seal the fitting, it is a lubricant that allows pipe fittings to be properly torqued so they can seal. without the teflon the fittings will not be able to get tight enough without damaging the threads, therefore it wont seal.

ohh and anyone who does use teflon on Boss or JIC fittings needs some more educated.

O

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Notorious76@Aug 31 2005, 03:51 PM~3728159
the problem is, most people dont even know what the teflon tape (or other products) is even used for.

teflon tape does not seal the fitting, it is a lubricant that allows pipe fittings to be properly torqued so they can seal. without the teflon the fittings will not be able to get tight enough without damaging the threads, therefore it wont seal.
ohh and anyone who does use teflon on Boss or JIC fittings needs some more educated.

education :0 ;) had to do it

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
Originally posted by Notorious76@Aug 31 2005, 02:51 PM~3728159

i didnt know that, makes sence cause teflon is a lube..but i thought it was to fill in the inperfections in the threads and seal them..i guess i was dumb..but i always use teflon and i never have leaks..only with my old cce blocks where the ports were junk and the fitting bottomed out

another thing i tryed a special loc tight that has some number after it and so did 216rider..and we both had leaks..and one more thing..don go crazy tightening stuff..it doesnt have to be gorrilla tight

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
Originally posted by hydrota@Aug 31 2005, 05:25 PM~3728377
if you  ot leaks your gay or need new shit
this comin from someone who was pissed about "crome" without the H - lmao

where your G

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Originally posted by juggalo4life@Aug 31 2005, 04:42 PM~3728468
this comin from someone who was pissed about "crome" without the H      - lmao