LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the best shit to use, my car is black. I went to the fair last year and they had some shit their that would take swirls out and restore the paint. They said it sold in the hot rod magazine but I dont know the name of it.... what should I use.. thanks...

·
Registered
7,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right on, I cant wait to try it....... So I apply with a machine, then take it off my hand? sounds simple enough... I'm gonna bring the little homies over so they can help me.... ;)

I'm gonna use the (3M Perfect it lll extra cut rubbing compund 05936) just in case I have deaper scratches that I need to get out... thanks a bunch guys...

Last edited by monte carlo at Dec 29 2003, 03:31 PM

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Originally posted by IndianaRyder@Dec 29 2003, 03:03 PM
3M Perfect-IT II polishing compound. Apply w/ a buffer using a dark foam pad. Then hand polish it.
*** Thats the shit there !!!!! You cut it first then you re-buff it again with the black pad , after that you run over it by hand with a super soft cloth --- he paint stores sell the baby diaper soft stuff.... I guess its as soft as you can get a cloth to be ....... i believe there is some other polishing cloths but , my PPG paint rep swears by the "Diapers"...............

·
Registered
12,068 Posts
Originally posted by monte carlo@Dec 29 2003, 05:31 PM
Right on, I cant wait to try it....... So I apply with a machine, then take it off my hand? sounds simple enough... I'm gonna bring the little homies over so they can help me.... ;)

I'm gonna use the (3M Perfect it lll extra cut rubbing compund 05936) just in case I have deaper scratches that I need to get out... thanks a bunch guys...
Man i defiantley wouldnt use that extra cut compound on a black car. Especially if you are just trying to get swirls out. But everyone has their own opinion.

In my experience it has caused more scratches because it is so ruff and they will be hard to hide on black especially if u dont have a lot of experience buffing.

They have a new perfect it III compound out that is green. I would just use that. It takes out a lot of scratches and swirls marks at the same time. And then to make it perfect go back over it with the black finishing compund, then some hand glaze.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I use a soft rubber block and 2000 grit, keep a soft rubber squeegee handy it will tell you when you are through sanding.

This is the system I use. Others use different systems and have good results. I think it's what you get used to using. I like Meguiar's because it is paint shop safe, And does what I want it to do.

Start with Meguiar's #2 fine cut.
Then With Meguiar's #3 Machine Glaze.
Then Meguiar's Speed Glaze, By Hand several times.
Always use the correct foam pad for each step.

Here is a web page of a very good painter wet sanding and buffing
his fresh painted car. http://www.a2zautoforums.com/showthread.ph...06&page=5&pp=10 Look at the last few pages

1 - 8 of 8 Posts