LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that I have some waterspots in my paint and I really wanna try and get em out. I still have the factory paint on the car and I am just trying to tighten it up a bit.

The car is a 78 Caddy and its a dark blue factory paint. I do have a variable speed 9" buffer and velcro buffing pads and all that shit too.

I am mostly looking for what type of compound is good to use ?? or should I wet sand it ? Or any other tricks or tips some of you might know that can help me bring this paint back a lil better ;)

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
i was told at a show

the hard water out here ,,esp whether it be from the garden hose or the local car wash ...i had bad water spots everytime ...black car hard to miss them damn spots ...

anyways ... mix half water and vinegar( i use the white kind) in a spray bottle. spray it on the water spots and let stand for a few seconds .. it will lift the minerals and wipe away with a towel ...

then i follow it up with a nice wax ..

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
yeah i done it and it works for me ...

althought when i bought my 64 in 96or 97 the paint looked alright ...now it's showing it's age and fading ... lots of chips scratches ...

not to mention the original orange peel .. the sander marks ..and rubbing the paint off in high spots from manually buffing the paint by hand ..

i swear it looks like a macco paint job or the painter was just lazy and didnt remove the chrome

·
Registered
41 Posts
depends how deep these waterspots are though. It may not be the mineral showing but the outer ring of where it has bit into the paint. Try the mix ice gave you. If it doesnt work, Take it in to have them color sanded out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts