LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what should i use for airbags and airtanks for my silverado there not gonna move or anything

·
Registered
21,387 Posts
hey what's up? i heard my name mentioned, thought i should make an appearance :biggrin:

they sell shockwave lookalikes on ebay.

but if you wanna save $$ and make your own go to lowes in the specialty fastener drawer. They have little rubber grommetts that look just like double convaluted bags. then get some little washers in the same aisle. for a tank they have a "metal spacer" that looks like an airtank without the ends it's 1" long. then just glue some styrene to the ends and sand it round with a dremel then drill a hole through it. Then get some braided line for your airline

Nothing beats real metal tank and real rubber bags! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
598 Posts
or one of those model kits of the big rigs.... they got the chrome gas tanks on the side....lol

·
Registered
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by omaharidah@Jul 31 2003, 10:03 AM
for a tank wouldnt a battery work? since im really cheap :biggrin:
yea, but a battery is a bit to long, looks more like a nirtogen or scuba tank setup, the spacer is the perfect length and i can post pics of my finished one if you want(i painted it to match)

·
Registered
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by cleverlos@Jul 31 2003, 12:31 PM
that look good! i am going to take you up on that idea. :biggrin:
no problem bro. the hardest part is gettin the ends the right shape, but it's not rocket surgery :biggrin:

·
I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler@Jul 30 2003, 10:46 PM
"1ofaknd" has a post on here showing his "lowered bagged silverado" there is some pics and info on this in there. its probably within the first 2 pages on here.
them pix look blurry as fuk doe :angry: :(

·
Registered
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by lowcrome+Jul 31 2003, 05:25 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lowcrome @ Jul 31 2003, 05:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--omaharidah@Jul 31 2003, 08:22 PM
what are those shockwave lookalikes called and how much are they?
:dunno:[/b][/quote]
Here's what they look like, they have them on ebay for like 6-7$
But for less than that you can make 4 bags and a tank.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by 1ofaknd+Aug 1 2003, 10:52 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (1ofaknd @ Aug 1 2003, 10:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 31 2003, 05:25 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--omaharidah
@Jul 31 2003, 08:22 PM
what are those shockwave lookalikes called and how much are they?

:dunno:
Here's what they look like, they have them on ebay for like 6-7$
But for less than that you can make 4 bags and a tank.
[/b][/quote]
where can i get those lookalikes? and what are they called?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts