LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Yall.I am gonna buy the hopping coils for my Car.I got a 1965 Impala SS Ragtop.Im not gonna hop the Car in competition.I am only gonna hop it with a Street kit so Im not gonna be hopping all the time.Should I get 3 tons coils,2 1/2,2?

Eazy

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also,would it be possible to leave in the Stock Springs?I just replaced them 1 month ago before I decided I was getting Hydraulics.So If I hop with a Street Kit,Can I use the Stock Springs?

Eazy

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They arent Cut.So it will be ok to USe them?

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok Thats good.But what If I put Coil Over in the Rear?Do I have to Buy Coils for that?Or will the Stock Ones Fit?

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am puttin in 3 Pumps and 8 Batteries.So Stiffer Springs?When you buy the Coil Over Kit from Prohopper,does their Coil overs come with Coils or do I have to buy it seperate?

·
Registered
369 Posts
i dont know i have never bought a kit before. you can look and see but yea i would defanitly put stiffer coils under there... like at least 2 tons... get some reverse deep cups for them to .

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok Man.Thanks for your Help.

Eazy

·
Registered
369 Posts
its not really how many pumps its how much weight... but yea with 8 bats you might need some reinforcing.... but it also depends on how much voltage you are running on each pump...

U

·
0 Posts
yo stock springs are gonna break if you hop it i have a 64 with 2 1/2 tons in front and 1 tons in rear it rides awesome and gets off the ground like 2 feet its only a 2 pump 4 battery. dont buy prohopper either the cylinders are junk. Showtime or CCE

·
Registered
369 Posts
i dont have a problem with prohopper cylinders.... but if you run like over 60 volts then yea you might break the stock coils... but if not you more than likely wont have a problem ...

Last edited by nissanminitrucker at Sep 30 2003, 10:29 AM

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am gonna be running 48 Volts to each Pump.Im not gonna be hopping the car eally high.I am only putting in a Street Setup.Not Competition.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
your not gonna hop a 65 impala on stock coils well maby a few inches plus it will bottom out when it comes down cause the coils are to soft unless your really good on the switch and the coils might break

1 - 20 of 24 Posts