LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wonderin what everyone likes to use to cut out their sheet metal templates! what gives the most accurate cuts? last time i used a jigsaw with a metal blade but it wasnt the best because of the vibration! i hear all this talk about tin snips but whats the toughest thickness they can cut through?
POST WHAT YOU USE AND YOUR OPINION!!!!!

·
Registered
48,347 Posts
I use a jig saw with the metal cutting blades. They do vibrate alot but you just have to hold on for the ride. :) Another thing you can do is cut out side of your lines and then go back in with a grinder and grind it down to where you need it.

For something that needs to be super detailed, I have a jewlers saw that takes a while but I get what Im looking for. ;)

The thickest I cut with any of those is 16 guage sheetmetal. Plasma, I will cut up to 1/4".

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
i tryed using a plasma cutter but i couldnt get it perfect since it was my first time....so instead of practicing i went over to the bandsaw n got a pretty good cut..(u have to make sure u cut tension lines though) and then i grinded it down....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts