LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
Originally posted by SKReeCH@Jan 15 2004, 10:02 AM
or could i use a reg. piant brush and reg. paint
you have to use a long haired "sword" brush-------as far as the paint it all depends on who you ask---some same og style using 1 shot---others will tell you to use hok pinstriping paint etc-------it all comes down to what you want to use and what will work out for you......it all works you just have to find the secrets in all and practice practice practice------peace

·
Registered
70 Posts
Here.. this website is a good one for people intrested.. its just the facts page but its a good one.

http://www.pinstriper.com/faq.htm

A good practicing surface is a piece of glass so you can lay down flame patterns or any other pattern to practice pinstriping on, MAKE sure you stick to enamles when you are practicing, so you can wipe off the pattern with some rubbing alcohol when you are done. thats whats nice about enamels... they can be erased if you dont like what you buy... Also get a good book that will help you chose paint, show you how to pack a brush with paint, and so on and so forth... :biggrin: just keep practicing!!!!!

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Originally posted by lowriderlife+Jan 15 2004, 11:34 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lowriderlife @ Jan 15 2004, 11:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--SKReeCH@Jan 15 2004, 10:02 AM
or could i use a reg. piant brush and reg. paint
you have to use a long haired "sword" brush-------as far as the paint it all depends on who you ask---some same og style using 1 shot---others will tell you to use hok pinstriping paint etc-------it all comes down to what you want to use and what will work out for you......it all works you just have to find the secrets in all and practice practice practice------peace[/b][/quote]
** Very true ... Both offers different qualitys & 1 or the other might not have the color your looking for ...... I am using both ....

·
59 imp 64 imp 77 mc
11,239 Posts
I use a excalibur pinstriping brush. Its about $20 bucks at a auto paint store and is made out of squirl tail fur... Best ddamn pinstriping brush i ever used though. ;)

·
59 imp 64 imp 77 mc
11,239 Posts
Oh you can also use "sign paint" for pinstriping.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts