LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of wire do you guys use for your noids, dumps etc.. I was talkin with TIMDOG and he was saying he uses 14 guage.. when the regular dump wire is 18 guage. What do you guys use ? any special kind? just curious :biggrin:

·
Registered
86 Posts
ok heres what i'd run if i had a 2 pump 4 dump setup with 4 battery(48v)

the dumps and switch wire i'll run 16awg

the soleniod I prong 16 awg

soleniod side post aw same awg as the battery so 2-4 awg

awg wire for the 4 batts wired in series giving 48v i'd use 2-4 awg wire same as the soleniod side post terminal

Hope this helps :cool:

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well that i know i guess my questions is more for what people do when they run higher voltage like 72 and up what type wire does it really make a difference in how hot it gets? for dumps and noids

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
if your talking about the dumps then they see 24v no matter how much voltage you run to the motors. if its a choice between 18 and 14 do 16 :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
16 gauge teflon coated in the car. Then run regular 16g pvc to the switches.

·
Registered
970 Posts
i used lik 8 rols 16 agw from pepboys and it works great i used it to wire a distrabution box for my switchbox i ran it to the front of the car to a a strip ,to connect my switch box to up front, therfore my switch cord seems longer out side the car it worked well my batteries get doubled up 4 awg to connect batteries and noids
hope this helps :cheesy:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts