LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of wire do you guys use for your noids, dumps etc.. I was talkin with TIMDOG and he was saying he uses 14 guage.. when the regular dump wire is 18 guage. What do you guys use ? any special kind? just curious :biggrin:

·
Registered
86 Posts
ok heres what i'd run if i had a 2 pump 4 dump setup with 4 battery(48v)

the dumps and switch wire i'll run 16awg

the soleniod I prong 16 awg

soleniod side post aw same awg as the battery so 2-4 awg

awg wire for the 4 batts wired in series giving 48v i'd use 2-4 awg wire same as the soleniod side post terminal

Hope this helps :cool:

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well that i know i guess my questions is more for what people do when they run higher voltage like 72 and up what type wire does it really make a difference in how hot it gets? for dumps and noids

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
if your talking about the dumps then they see 24v no matter how much voltage you run to the motors. if its a choice between 18 and 14 do 16 :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
16 gauge teflon coated in the car. Then run regular 16g pvc to the switches.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by 1LOWCHERO@Dec 8 2003, 12:09 AM
16 gauge teflon coated in the car. Then run regular 16g pvc to the switches.
so any 16 gauge wire? the stuff at the autoparts store says primary wire.. all purpose 16 gauge

·
Registered
970 Posts
i used lik 8 rols 16 agw from pepboys and it works great i used it to wire a distrabution box for my switchbox i ran it to the front of the car to a a strip ,to connect my switch box to up front, therfore my switch cord seems longer out side the car it worked well my batteries get doubled up 4 awg to connect batteries and noids
hope this helps :cheesy:

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
Didn't believe my judgement!! :(

J/k!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
237 Posts
i got-- 0/1 on battz 4 guage from pumps to noidz 4 gauge linkn noidz 16 g all secondary shit

1 - 9 of 9 Posts