LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47,193 Posts
any welding supply will sell the cable and lugs. or if u are in a bind, u can get everything at autozone or orielly. they sell pre crimped battery cables with lugs in 12 24 36 48 inch lengths.

·
Registered
8,039 Posts
2 wire is fine I wouldn't go any smaller than that. Available at any welding supply store or battery service out of Franklin park. The crimper for the lugz is available at mcmaster Carr on county line road I'm guessing its prolly northlake but not sure but close to Franklin park.

·
Registered
16,068 Posts
Check out weldingsupply.com It's right off Touhy and Rt. 83 You can just order what you need the day before for "will call" and pick it up or have shipped. Good prices on welding wire in a bunch of colors, terminal lugs for the ends of the cables, disconnects, and the crimping tools. I use 2/0 gauge for all battery connections and 4 gauge for connections from solenoid to solenoid. Never any warm wires or issues up to 96V using this size in my experience.

·
SELL 0UT
2,737 Posts
ive been using strips of aluminum from Lowes Hardware.. Mainly for a different look..

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What about the cable used in audio set ups?

Looked back on some pages here and welding/audio both had cons a pluses but where equal depending on what you like.

What's your opinion?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
What about the cable used in audio set ups?

Looked back on some pages here and welding/audio both had cons a pluses but where equal depending on what you like.

What's your opinion?
Audio power wire is sometimes CCA(copper clad aluminium) , and from what I have seen welding wire is always full copper. Welding wire may also have a higher strand count. So basically same shit if its good quality wire. Personally I use welding wire for both hydraulics and audio. Its cheaper too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts