·
Registered
265 Posts
the cheap way a hole saw for your drill 20$ :biggrin:

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HOLE SAW... you mean like a saw-zaw... ive used plasma cutter and touch but nothing else.. a what piece you talkin that you attach to drill?

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im going to have to try that...is it easier and cleaner to use that.. seems like it is kinda hard beeing that its not a flat surface

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
that is what i use nice clean hole everytime. for the front to drill through the frame take the bit out from the center slide over the top of shock and let the sock be the guide for the bit. oh ya go slow let the bit do the work and use someting like wd40 to keep the teeth cool. George SRS

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
how do you use a hole saw to cut those, i tried a grinder but couldnt get it up in there so i just left them, havent had any trouble they just flatten down over time

·
Registered
217 Posts
yeah, just use a circular hole saw to cut your stuff out, that's what I always use when throwing in a setup.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok took your advise.. it did work rather well. very clean but the damn hole saw wore down very easy . the second hole i used 2 of them before i got through. and yes i did use the one for metal.

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
you probably went a little fast or let it heat up too much

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Originally posted by Mikeb62@Oct 3 2003, 10:11 AM~1133386
ok took your advise.. it did work rather well. very clean but the damn hole saw wore down very easy . the second hole i used 2 of them before i got through. and yes i did use the one for metal.
spray wd 40 while your cutting it and keep do it slow

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
hole saw every time, nice and clean, I use Irwin hole saws, ive drilled countless holes in half inch plate, as long as u keep the teeth lubed and cool, they last a long time

1 - 20 of 21 Posts