LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently building a high-end 62 Impala convertible as a speculation project. My intent is to sell the car for as much as the market will bear, and with the proceeds, build another 62 rag as a keeper. Obviously it is impossible to determine what an unfinished car will sell for, but I am curious as to what some have sold for in the past. I know that the 62 and earlier cars are more desireable than the later ones, but by how much i dont know. I saw a beautiful 63 in the classified section of layitlow.com from 2004, and one of the posts indicated that it would be tough to get more than 35k for it. This car is a lowrider, and has 14 batteries, 4 pumps, and 4 Adex dumps. The frame has been wrapped, a-arms and rear trailing arms welded and boxed. It is powered by a built 383 stroker, coupled to a 700R4 auto. The rear end is a narrowed Ford 9 inch, with power discs on all four corners. Most of the under carrige will be chrome (except for the frame). When it is finished, it will be a fine example. In my opinion, it will be a driveable show car.

That being said, it is stupid of me to see 35-45K as a sale price? I had contemplated selling it in Japan, but I hate to see our classics end up there. Any thoughts on the subject? I might just keep it in the end, but if I could make a few bucks, then I will sell it.

Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts