LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have another questions regaurding amps.... i have 2 400 watt subs @40ohms bridged...i need a amp that will put out 800 watts at 4ohm... i was in best buy and seen a 900 watts mono amp... but it only puts out 100wats @ aohm... i need an amp that puts out 750-800watts @ 4ohm...LMK

·
Registered
52 Posts
I WOULD SAY A MMATS 700.4 WOULDN'T BE TO BAD. I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING AT SPENDING BUT THATS A PRETTY GOOD AMP JUST SLIGHTY LESS POWER THEN YOU WANT. JUST A IDEA. I FOUND THEM FOR 429 OR 419 FOR THE 700.2. THE 4 AND TO ARE FOR OHMS. HOPE THIS HELPS.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank bro... i just want to see what i availible...so i would like to see what other people have to say...

·
Registered
52 Posts
HEY NO PROBLEM GLAD TO HELP YOU MAN. I WAS GOING TO GET THE 500.1 BUT I DIDN'T HAVE THE MONEY THERE ABLE TO STAY PRETTY COOL.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by ohsolow@Sep 3 2003, 04:07 PM
HEY NO PROBLEM GLAD TO HELP YOU MAN. I WAS GOING TO GET THE 500.1 BUT I DIDN'T HAVE THE MONEY THERE ABLE TO STAY PRETTY COOL.
????? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
JL 500/1 it pushes over 800 .. mine metered at 837 watts and i have two of these amps pushing two 10'' jl w7's ..... really nice sound quality i havent really noticed any downsides to this amp has more adjustments than i will ever used....i picked mine up for 350 but i have a hookup if your in a city you could probably find one for around 400-450 easily

·
Registered
470 Posts
whats the vc configuration on those subs?

you really should wire them to 1or2 ohm so you wont be paying out the ass for power.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by enough_talkin@Sep 4 2003, 11:52 AM
JL 500/1 it pushes over 800 .. mine metered at 837 watts and i have two of these amps pushing two 10'' jl w7's ..... really nice sound quality i havent really noticed any downsides to this amp has more adjustments than i will ever used....i picked mine up for 350 but i have a hookup if your in a city you could probably find one for around 400-450 easily
is that at a 4ohm load???

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
the jl amps dont change wattage over the impedence they push the same exact thing...a little better sq in the higher impedences though and yes that is in 4 ohm....shop around if your going to go with one of them though list price is like 600 but i find them for around 400 pretty often through dealers so you still have a good warranty....main reason i like them is because of the features..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts