LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not to pass the smog check, i need to take it ti get done and dont wanna get ricked!

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Any number of things!!! It could be as simple as doing an oil change and a tune up. It could be your catalylic converter(s). It could even be a computer problem.

What kind of car? Do you have a CEL? What codes?

Good luck!
Jeff

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Badass94Cad@Jan 8 2004, 09:43 AM
Any number of things!!! It could be as simple as doing an oil change and a tune up. It could be your catalylic converter(s). It could even be a computer problem.

What kind of car? Do you have a CEL? What codes?

Good luck!
Jeff
93 Nissan Altima, got my catalyic converter changed about a 1 year and a half ago got anoil change and tune up done yesterday and CLE I dunno what that is!

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Originally posted by 93-96BIGBODY+Jan 8 2004, 11:18 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (93-96BIGBODY @ Jan 8 2004, 11:18 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Badass94Cad@Jan 8 2004, 09:43 AM
Any number of things!!!  It could be as simple as doing an oil change and a tune up.  It could be your catalylic converter(s).  It could even be a computer problem.  

What kind of car?  Do you have a CEL?  What codes?

Good luck!
Jeff
93 Nissan Altima, got my catalyic converter changed about a 1 year and a half ago got anoil change and tune up done yesterday and CLE I dunno what that is![/b][/quote]
CEL = Check Engine Light ;) Sorry!

So did you already take the car for an inspection and it failed? But they didn't look it over and give you a reason? You're just looking for some possiblities first, right?

OK, has it passed smog since you got that cat last year? Any other exhaust troubles? How's your air filter? Was that replaced recently?

Sorry if these are dumb questions, but I'm just shooting darts! :biggrin:

Cheers,
Jeff

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
BTW, is that a 4 cyl? It's hard to fail a 4 cyl...most of those things just run so clean! :0

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Badass94Cad+Jan 8 2004, 10:23 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Badass94Cad @ Jan 8 2004, 10:23 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 8 2004, 11:18 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--Badass94Cad
@Jan 8 2004, 09:43 AM
Any number of things!!!  It could be as simple as doing an oil change and a tune up.  It could be your catalylic converter(s).  It could even be a computer problem.  

What kind of car?  Do you have a CEL?  What codes?

Good luck!
Jeff

93 Nissan Altima, got my catalyic converter changed about a 1 year and a half ago got anoil change and tune up done yesterday and CLE I dunno what that is!
CEL = Check Engine Light ;) Sorry!

So did you already take the car for an inspection and it failed? But they didn't look it over and give you a reason? You're just looking for some possiblities first, right?

OK, has it passed smog since you got that cat last year? Any other exhaust troubles? How's your air filter? Was that replaced recently?

Sorry if these are dumb questions, but I'm just shooting darts! :biggrin:

Cheers,
Jeff[/b][/quote]
Uh yeah my air filter got replaced along with my fuel pump abaout a year ago and yeah it hast failed but just wanna know what are reason why it would fail!

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It didnt fucken pass!!!

·
The Hard Road
16,761 Posts
Originally posted by 93-96BIGBODY@Jan 8 2004, 04:36 PM
It didnt fucken pass!!!
Change your oil right before you go, you may have bad O2 sensors also...

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by unfunkyufo+Jan 8 2004, 03:45 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (unfunkyufo @ Jan 8 2004, 03:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--93-96BIGBODY@Jan 8 2004, 04:36 PM
It didnt fucken pass!!!
Change your oil right before you go, you may have bad O2 sensors also...[/b][/quote]
I did!!

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
the hotter the engine the better the chance of it passing. if you are still worried about it when you take it back make sure you have driven it for a while right before you take it in. did they give you a print out? what were you to high on?

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
add some stp fuel injector cleaner+super unleaded gas.always pretest.here we have one of the toughest smog tests dino machine checks car while tires are moving.most cars fail even new ones.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts