LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i doin up my 83 s-10 interior pretty soon. i was thinkin of maybe a dark blue wavy velvet material with some white things in there. not sure what will be white but i think you can get the idea. my trucks actual color will be h.o.k candy cobolt blue, and will be runnin 14" wires. so you think it will look good. sorry fo the long post but i had to make it so you could have a picture of erething in your head to see if it would flow or not.

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
blue and white goes together like peanut butter and jelly but velvet is just cheap shitty material......your truck though so you can do what ya want

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well whats a better material to use than velvet? i jus like how it looks but i dont wanna use shitty material. so give me a different idea on what to use other than velvet.

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
ultrasuede :puffin:

its not cheap but it will last damn near forever....nearly impossible to stain it as well

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
Originally posted by acefabric@Aug 15 2005, 04:42 PM~3627953
suede just a bit more then velvet.
a bit my ass

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
Originally posted by acefabric@Aug 15 2005, 07:21 PM~3628994
How much do you pay for suede then?? I can get it fairly cheap
i said ultrasuede first of all.....personally i would never upholster anything in actual suede because it wont last for shit..... ultrasuede is synthetic suede and the cheapest ive come across it has been 45$/yard......and by that i mean actual ultrasuede not that knockoff bullshit people grab up for 25$/yard

toray 10 yr warrantied fabric

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
you look at what you have and see if it is actual trademarked ultrasuede

made by toray.....i can get the knockoff stuff for about 20$/yd

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so yall think i should go with the suede then huh. is that shit pretty easy to work wit this will be my first time doing this so i also kinda want somethin pretty easy to use. but yea at 20 - 25.00 a yd, ima have to start savin up. how many yds do you think i will need. its an 83 s-10 i will be doin the whole interior plus this big ass spk box/loveseat will be done too. so whats the estimate?

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i found some stuff called faux suede for 8.50 a yard. is that any good. its at distinctivefabric.com. so check it out and tell me whats up wit dat stuff. thanx.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Originally posted by dyme_sak_hustla@Aug 12 2005, 06:33 PM~3606915
i doin up my 83 s-10 interior pretty soon. i was thinkin of maybe a dark blue wavy velvet material with some white things in there. not sure what will be white but i think you can get the idea. my trucks actual color will be h.o.k candy cobolt blue, and will be runnin 14" wires. so you think it will look good. sorry fo the long post but i had to make it so you could have a picture of erething in your head to see if it would flow or not.
you can use a different material, velour. its a bit stronger than velvet. yes there is a difference between the two. velvet tends to fade in the sun quicker. a good idea is use a lighter blue and a dark blue to accent the interior. light blue as your main color and the dark to bring it out. you can add a small detailed pin stripe of light blue on the outside of the truck, even on the bottom half of the truck. you would not believe what a thin line can do for a car/truck in your case. accent is what its all about, making the colors flow, from the inside out.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanx viejitos49 thats a good idea, but i want some white in there too, but i like that light/dark blue idea. i will jus add some white piping maybe?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts