LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about get use to airbrushing by practicing on some model cars , but needed to know what airbrush to get. I was told at the model shop that for what I wanted to I needed a double pumped something or another. I told her I wanted to do some really detailed work so she suggest the "Badger 150"($150). She told me that it as detailed as a pencil. Is there anything else out there that could do really do detailed work for cheaper?
also what size compresser do you suggest?
Aight Peace and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I am also thinking about getting an airbrush, but i want to airbrush paintings for the house to hang on the wall, will the same airbrush work for that???

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by BigPoppa@Dec 13 2003, 11:36 AM
for someone new, a single action Badger would be a good place to start. If you want to jump into a little more advanced, I like my double action Paasche, and a friend raves about Iwatas. I have 3 tips, that vary from 1" spray pattern and less (I use the 1 inch all the time)

K. Diaz
this Badger 150 I was looking at is double action and it had a bunch of different sized tips.
If this Paasche is cheaper I might get that because it sounds alot like the same thing.
The Badger is $150

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I have to agree the Iwata's are a really nice airbrush. For a beginner though I would go with a Paasche VL (double action). Very good airbrush for the price(about $100 for the kit). ;)

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
would these brushes also be good for sprayin on paper or canvas??
i am thinking about getting into airbrushing pictures to practice my art skills

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Originally posted by rosecityrider@Dec 15 2003, 05:20 PM
would these brushes also be good for sprayin on paper or canvas??
i am thinking about getting into airbrushing pictures to practice my art skills
i'm sure they can. the paperwork and box on mine show different media

K. Diaz

·
Registered
48,347 Posts
The Iwatas going to last you a long time, if taken care of you know. The only parts you may need to replace are the needles. Nothing big there. I would just buy the Iwata and go from there. Dont buy a cheap one and then a good one because you will be use to the bad one. You will just have to learn how to use the good one... My 2 cents...

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
The latest issue of Fine Scale Modeler has an article that might help you out. They are doing a two part article of selecting single and double action airbrushes. They break down the pros and cons to each airbrush on the market...

If there is a Harbor Freight near you, they have the Paasche VL set for under 60$. That is a good deal right there, and it is also a very good airbrush. Also, keep an eye out for those 40% and 50% coupons that the craft stores carry. Michaels arts & crafts carries a lot of Badger products, and Aaron brothers has both Paasche and Badger.

Last edited by Armando Ranflitas at Dec 16 2003, 02:11 PM

1 - 13 of 13 Posts