LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im not sure thats problem i think its the tourq converter but im not sure you setp on the gas motor races ad but car crawls along and other times u step on the gas and it take offs like a bat outta hell

·
Registered
19,958 Posts
pm haterade with this ? he fixed a few cadis that had the same sort of problem it wasn't the converter

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
maybe the cadalyc converter clogged?

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
My boy here rebuilds 700r's for $300 with a new convertor & 1yr warranty.

He also puts a corvette piston or something in them to give them a better shift. It works, me & a bunch of peeps around here go to him only.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Originally posted by hoppin91lac@Oct 11 2003, 06:32 PM
im not sure thats problem i think its the tourq converter but im not sure you setp on the gas motor races ad but car crawls along and other times u step on the gas and it take offs like a bat outta hell
have you tried changing the filter! if the filter is dirty it will do that! does it shatter when when it start to crawl?

·
Registered
13,700 Posts
try Immortal Towncar on here - he's a tranny mechanic

Another guy said about $250 and that includes a new Torque Converter for a 700r4 or a turbo 350.

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Originally posted by ssdrop64@Oct 27 2003, 02:14 PM
try Immortal Towncar on here - he's a tranny mechanic

Another guy said about $250 and that includes a new Torque Converter for a 700r4 or a turbo 350.
depending on if anything is broke inside but my work ususally wholesales them with new converter and a 1 year 12000 mile warrenty for like 500 ,a rebuilt converter is 80 bucks alone some people paint the old one and call them "rebuilt" or used tranny s go for 200 to 350 depending on the junk yards

1 - 7 of 7 Posts