LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a complete f.b.s.s. setup from http://store.gaugemagazine.com/store.asp.
They suggested that I got the 2600 lbs double convoluted airbags. (It's a heavy 1966 Cadillac Eldorado). But now I've been told that it was better if I have got the tappered sleeves instead by a friend. He says that the car would ride much better with the sleeves !!???
Is that correct ?
I've mounted the airbags in the back so far, and the car is getting stiff and bounchy. What can be the problem ?

Regards,
Heine Hansen - Denmark
www.carnut.dk
:cool:

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
my Impala rides like crap with the bags fully inflated..
I have the 2600 bags..

try lowering the pressure a little bit, it'll smooth out for ya..

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bigdanmcintosh:

I've tried riding it with severel diff. pressures. 3bar, 4bar etc. etc.
I can feel the difference, but still think it drives like shit. It drove alot better with the original springs. Thought that I would get a better ride with the air bags. But maybe that's the prize for having fun......

;)

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
my car rides best with the front at 5-6 bar, and the back at 3-4 bar...

I cant imagine why it would ride worse than stock, unless the bags were mis-installed..

·
Registered
509 Posts
It's possible your shocks are no longer matched to the spring rate of your bags at your desired height. The safest (although expensive) way is to pick up some HAL 12 way adjustable shocks and fine tune your suspension that way. It'll make all the difference.

www.ridetech.com sells them, along with other places I'm sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts