LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it better to have one big 12 gal. or 2 x 5 or 8 gal tank.

what's hte difference between the set up.

thx

(by the way i looked up threw ebay and i didn't saw any 12 gal. tank to buy ?

any place where to buy one . )

peace

·
Registered
179 Posts
from what i've learned on the board the short time i've been here...

your better off with 1 large one, because if you get 2 smaller one's then you have more connections (which would offer more chances to leak) and you will be connecting the 2 togeather anyway to initially make 1 large one...

and here is an 8 port 12Gal tank for ya.

edit: so to me, the only reason to get multiple small tanks, is because you do not have enough room to mount the 1 large one.

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
to determan what size tank you will run you will need the means to fill it efficently. so if you have a 12 gallon you would need 4 viar 450s to make it efficent (IMO) or a engine drive compressor.
the the more volume and pressure to reach the more compressor you will need.
the connections between tanks with the lecking....thats Bull shit. the entire set up consists on connections and the proper install will yeild no leaks. so if you want or need multi tanks, do not be afraid to do so. leaks are not hard to find and fix.
my car has set for a week with out moving, and when i went to drive it, there would be the same pressure i left it with before i parked it.

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by bazzgeeze@Sep 13 2005, 01:29 PM~3806115
engine drive compressor : oassis or a york ??

will it kills my 4 viair 450 ?
what do you have mark with your 12 gal.
4 viair ??
no, i had a york compressor
a oasis would be the same as the engine drive
the engine drive will still stomp the viars

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by fleetwoodbro@Sep 15 2005, 03:30 PM~3822645
hey mark , is it possible to bag a big body''fleetwood 95'' with out cutting it up?or welding? like a bolt on kit?
any thing is posible...
to avoid cutting, you will have to ither run such a small bag it will ride like crap and take tons of pressure to lift. and it will lay low. or run a tall bracket so that it will clear the frame but it wont lay out at all.
and you can make u-bolt attached brackets for the back

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.