LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to paint my trunk and im having trouble getting all the hydraulic fluid out.
ive tried floor-dry and then used a shop-vac. but the paint still looks like shit in the trunk flloor. im about to just cut it out and start over lol any ideas?

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
brake cleaner works great. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
whatever u use b sure to wash with warm soapy water b/4 u paint. to remove all tha reisdue. it will help tha paint bond better

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
I LIKE TO CLEAN UP AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE WITH DRY PAPER TOWELS THEN USE WAX AND GREASE REMOVER TO GET THE REST,EVERYTHING ELSE WILL LEAVE A SOAPY RESIDUE

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by louisville chevy@Dec 4 2008, 02:22 PM~12335451
awsome, thnx guys will let you know and post up some pix one day....

lol ive used easy off oven cleaner b4 to eat some paint off a rear-end and a block once that shit is awsome !!!!
ive also just used water and stood the car in 3 wheel to let the water drain with the oil then i used washing detergent and a brush. but im not sure if that will work for gettin paint to stick onto the trunk pan.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Originally posted by louisville chevy@Dec 4 2008, 01:22 PM~12335451
awsome, thnx guys will let you know and post up some pix one day....

lol ive used easy off oven cleaner b4 to eat some paint off a rear-end and a block once that shit is awsome !!!!

x2 :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
two bags of speedy dry and a pooper scooper LOL j/k grease wax and tar remover for sure. after you soak most of it up wit rags.

·
Registered
73 Posts
lean it in 3, and im guessing youve been trying for a while, so whats left if just a film, or grime? degreaserworks, or i used Desiel Fuel, and let it sit for a bit, then pressure washed it out, let it dry and then if there is a bit still there, hopefully there isnt, break cleaner that shit out.

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
Starter fluid works great because it drys it up also. I used to use it all the time when I worked on cranes and lifts to find leaks. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.