LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to paint my trunk and im having trouble getting all the hydraulic fluid out.
ive tried floor-dry and then used a shop-vac. but the paint still looks like shit in the trunk flloor. im about to just cut it out and start over lol any ideas?

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
brake cleaner works great. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
EASY OFF oven cleaner works tha best that i found :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
whatever u use b sure to wash with warm soapy water b/4 u paint. to remove all tha reisdue. it will help tha paint bond better

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
I LIKE TO CLEAN UP AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE WITH DRY PAPER TOWELS THEN USE WAX AND GREASE REMOVER TO GET THE REST,EVERYTHING ELSE WILL LEAVE A SOAPY RESIDUE

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
awsome, thnx guys will let you know and post up some pix one day....

lol ive used easy off oven cleaner b4 to eat some paint off a rear-end and a block once that shit is awsome !!!!

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by louisville chevy@Dec 4 2008, 02:22 PM~12335451

lol ive used easy off oven cleaner b4 to eat some paint off a rear-end and a block once that shit is awsome !!!!
ive also just used water and stood the car in 3 wheel to let the water drain with the oil then i used washing detergent and a brush. but im not sure if that will work for gettin paint to stick onto the trunk pan.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Originally posted by louisville chevy@Dec 4 2008, 01:22 PM~12335451

x2 :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
two bags of speedy dry and a pooper scooper LOL j/k grease wax and tar remover for sure. after you soak most of it up wit rags.

·
Registered
73 Posts
lean it in 3, and im guessing youve been trying for a while, so whats left if just a film, or grime? degreaserworks, or i used Desiel Fuel, and let it sit for a bit, then pressure washed it out, let it dry and then if there is a bit still there, hopefully there isnt, break cleaner that shit out.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Alot of old ass rags that your gonna throw away and when you are done soaking up all the oil hit it with some Brake Clean and more rags. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
Starter fluid works great because it drys it up also. I used to use it all the time when I worked on cranes and lifts to find leaks. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts