LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the best cheap or exsoenive black paint to use on a 1980 regal and whats some website that sale knady paint

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
the painter's much more important than the paint, and black's not kandy.
you'd be better off buying locally, but check out smartshoppers.com and autobodydepot.com.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks i might just switch tokandy blue with white rally stripes

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Originally posted by sixtyfourchevy@Sep 2 2006, 07:40 PM~6093799
the painter's much more important than the paint, and black's not kandy. 
you'd be better off buying locally, but check out smartshoppers.com and autobodydepot.com.

agreed...

I can pick up a gallen of black single stage and give you a quick overnight spray job for a couple hundred bucks...

or I can take the same paint and spend a couple of months to give you a show stopping deep oil slick black paint job... for several thosound bucks

The paint is reletivly cheap......it's the work that goes with it that counts.

·
Registered
12,068 Posts
Kirker single stage urethane has given me good results. I have been really impressed with the results for the price. And its easy to work with.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
murrays has a black enamel made by duplicolor that looks like real expensive paint when put down right, the gallon is under 45 dol plus you need the reducer. i used it on my niegbors 69 cady 2 yrs ago and it still looks like a brand new pain job. no joke i could nt belive it my self either. if your going to get it, reduce it a little more than the instructions and get a hardner for it that way it will dry alot quicker.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Originally posted by 41bowtie@Sep 5 2006, 07:05 AM~6106864
murrays has a black enamel made by duplicolor that looks like real expensive paint when put down right, the gallon is under 45 dol plus you need the reducer. i used it on my niegbors 69 cady 2 yrs ago and it still looks like a brand new pain job. no joke i could nt belive it my self either. if your going to get it, reduce it a little more than the instructions and get a hardner for it that way it will dry alot quicker.
forget about trying to get to dry quicker........ Get a hardener SO IT WILL LAST. With out the hardener you will loose gloss in less then a year, and expect it to start breaking down in less then 5 years.

ALL TOP COATS SHOULD BE CATALYZED.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Originally posted by Mi Estilo CC@Sep 5 2006, 12:17 PM~6108092
forget about trying to get to dry quicker........ Get a hardener SO IT WILL LAST.  With out the hardener you will loose gloss in less then a year, and expect it to start breaking down in less then 5 years.

ALL TOP COATS SHOULD BE CATALYZED.
thnx for xtra info but i was saying dry faster because it would literity take 3 days to dry to the touch if you dont use the hardner with this particular paint, and you would have to wait atleast about a week and half before you can color sand and buff
:cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts