LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

WHATS THE BEST SERIES CHARGER FOR HOPPERS

874 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Low@dauniversity 
#1 ·
I USE A SCHUMACER(NOT THE RIGHT SPELLING) SE-1072 THE ONE THAT CHARGES 1,2,3,4,5 OR 6 BATTS AT 5 OR 10 AMPS WILL THAT GET THAT BATTS HOT ENOUGH TO GET A GOOD CHARGE FOR THE HOP????

#2 ·
Batts. being hot isn't a good thing....... :twak:

I use a DieHard Fully Automatic Microprocessor charger. I charge mine on trickle every chance I get. Allows it to hold a deeper charge for longer times between charging & fills the batts. to full capacity.

#4 ·
the best charger is called quick charge, I've been using them since I started lowridin over 10 years ago. they charge up to 10 batteries, only dial you have to touch is the amperage dial, and it's no set amps like other chargers 5,and 10, it's a actual dial that you can manually adjust from 1-10 I usually charge at 6. you dont have to adjust the volts it does it itself. just hook it up abd set the amps and your good to go. they are expensive like $350-$375. My Interstate guy orders them for me they can take a couple of weeks to get, but well worth it.

#8 ·
I went down to k mart and for 106.00 I bought 4 scumacker ( i can't spell it either) 2 to 6 amp chargers . I set them to 2 amps all night long and in the morning there ready to rock for days. I know It's nice and easy for a multiple batt charger but for 250.00 or whatever they cost you can buy like 10 chargers that are inexpensive and give a hell of a charge ;)

#9 ·
Originally posted by carvr2@Nov 23 2003, 08:31 PM
I went down to k mart and for 106.00 I bought 4 scumacker ( i can't spell it either) 2 to 6 amp chargers . I set them to 2 amps all night long and in the morning there ready to rock for days. I know It's nice and easy for a multiple batt charger but for 250.00 or whatever they cost you can buy like 10 chargers that are inexpensive and give a hell of a charge ;)
I paid $125.00 from Pro Hopper, and I can charge up to 96 Volts in series. I takes about 10 hours when I a have been messing around all day.

#11 ·
Originally posted by rollin low in a grand prix+Nov 22 2003, 11:31 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rollin low in a grand prix @ Nov 22 2003, 11:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--undertaker3392@Nov 22 2003, 07:54 PM
how long doe it take for the battries to die?
i have to charge mine once a month but im not that switch happy[/b][/quote]
Sounds like me, on myt daily a few years ago I probably had to charge my batts once every 2 months,,,,FOR REAL ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.