LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this guy has a chrysler lhs he wants black pearl on bottom and pearl white on top. problem is i cant order pearl white from the company i go though so im gunna shoot some snow white on it and then add pearl in some intercoat clear. i can order the black pearl no problem.

question is which color would you spray first? i would think the white first then the black but then how would i go about doing the intercoat clear on the white?

what i was thinking of doing is spraying the bottom black let dry then mask for the white and spray the white up top but didnt know how well it would cover over the small amounts of black im going to have where the line seperates.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so I will be cool spraying the white and then intercoat. Then mask all that and do the black. Then clear the whole bitch?

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
Originally posted by jumper@May 24 2011, 12:44 AM~20612482
Ok this guy has a chrysler lhs he wants black pearl on bottom and pearl white on top. problem is i cant order pearl white from the company i go though so im gunna shoot some snow white on it and then add pearl in some intercoat clear. i can order the black pearl no problem.

question is which color would you spray first? i would think the white first then the black but then how would i go about doing the intercoat clear on the white?

what i was thinking of doing is spraying the bottom black let dry then mask for the white and spray the white up top but didnt know how well it would cover over the small amounts of black im going to have where the line seperates.

you're making this hard on yourself.......explain this a bit better did he pick certain colors out of the chip book or does he just want the black and white to "sparkle"

if he just wants the sparkle,

mask and spray white first
then mask and spray your black
then shoot ice pearl in intercoat over the whole thing
then clear the whole thing

this will be similar to pearl but will pop like crazy in the sun but not in the shade very similar to pearl but BETTER..... :cool:

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by SWITCHCRAFT@May 25 2011, 08:17 AM~20624953
you're making this hard on yourself.......explain this a bit better did he pick certain colors out of the chip book or does he just want the black and white to "sparkle"

this will be similar to pearl but will pop like crazy in the sun but not in the shade very similar to pearl but BETTER..... :cool:

ya he just wants a pearl look. he hasnt picked a color he just said white and black. doing it that way sounds a lot easier but how does ice white pearl look over black?

·
Banned
10,571 Posts
Originally posted by SWITCHCRAFT@May 25 2011, 08:17 AM~20624953

this^
I'd think a silver ice pearl would go well with both colors,experiment. ;)

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the only problem i have with experimenting is i order my stuff online an it takes about 5 days to get it here, i would hate to order it and then not be what im looking for :mad: . anyone got any pics of a black with white ice pearl over it?

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by SWITCHCRAFT@May 27 2011, 01:09 AM~20638806
it will look similar to this....

Is he really stuck on white ice pearl?

if not I would use blue ice pearl, it looks awesome on top of black and white.

he never said he was stuck, ya ill run that by him, that sounds sick. it would just give everything a blue shine in the sun right?

·
Registered
680 Posts
It will put a blue cast on the white witch looks cool but it will turn the black into a dark blue or more known as black saphire and people will call it blue not black

·
Registered
680 Posts
I say just get the white ice and all your other paint and just get-R-done :biggrin: Homeboy will like It! Just roll homie remember no intercoat just put it in the clear!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Since you're new to painting you may want to do it this way-paint the black first which is easier to mask off the bottom of the car.Then spray the white,untape the two colors-then spray the pearl effect with the intercoat clear until you master your clearcoat technique.If you run the clear with the pearl in it you're screwed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts