LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 82 Coupe Deville and I wanted to know what's the best way to take it off the frame without buckleing the body? What should I use and where on the body do I start lifting from?

·
Banned
8,749 Posts
In all honest you should consult a restoration shop that does full frame off restrorations. Your best bet is to get advice from people who do it everyday.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Strip the car take the front clip off [fenders and all]and the doors then you can use 2 engine hoists one at the front one at the rear.This is a backyard way.

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by Ulysses 2@Nov 2 2003, 03:00 AM
Strip the car take the front clip off [fenders and all]and the doors then you can use 2 engine hoists one at the front one at the rear.This is a backyard way.
dont ever take the doors off with out building a body "doll" so the body stays fixated and straight, those big bodys are really fragile when they are off the frame...
but besides that just remove the gastank, motor front clip/fenders and rear bumper along with the breaklines and bodymounts.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx for all your help guys. The body is ready to come off the frame right now. The front is off but I left the doors on. I just want to know where exactly on the body do I put the chains from the engine hoist? Are you sure the car wont buckle in the middle if I pick it up from the fire wall and the back?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts