LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in the rear of a car what is the diferences between mounting the spring on the botton [to the control arm] or on top [spring touching the underneath of the car]?

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
parts used, money spent........ possible pinched brake lines, and possible spring pop outs...................
and that is the difference between a coil under and a coil over

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
theres no diference in ride height? or ride quality? i have noticed that when the cars is all the way up the cylinder then compresses the spring but the car go no higher

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
Originally posted by carinstaller03@Aug 31 2005, 05:46 PM~3728498
theres no diference in ride height? or ride quality? i have noticed that when the cars is all the way up the cylinder then compresses the spring but the car go no higher
it does that both ways

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Originally posted by carinstaller03@Aug 31 2005, 03:46 PM~3728498
Its better to have coil over spring on top than coil under spring on bottom for many reasons you can put bigger cylinders in back and higher lift spring wont pop out on 3 wheels and ride is about same but you can go faster with nothing to worry about ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts